Most devices support various remote controls. Sometimes, you may have a difficult task figuring out which remote can work for your device.
Having several devices programmed to your Comcast Xfinity remote can help declutter your coffee table since you will not need to use individual remotes for each device.
Can you program an Xfinity remote control on Samsung Smart TV? Luckily, Comcast subscribers can program their remote for use on multiple devices, including a Samsung TV.
3 ways to program a Comcast/Xfinity remote to your Samsung TV
Use any of these three methods:
Method 1: Manual entering of device codes
Check for your television’s programming code from the remote’s user manual or online. Typically the primary code for a Samsung TV for Comcast remote programming is 12051.
You will find various others in the Comcast remote user manual, including 10812, 10814, and 10766.
|Table: List of Xfinity/Comcast remote codes for Samsung TVs|
Once you confirm that you have the right code, follow these steps to configure the Xfinity remote for your TV manually:
- Power on your Comcast box and television. The Samsung TV power button is located in different areas depending on the model, although it is mostly on the front panel
- On the remote, find and press the TV button
- Press and hold down the SETUP button until you see a double blink on the TV button or until the LED light at the top of the remote turns green
- Key in the four or five-digit code. The TV button will flash a green light twice
- Point the Xfinity remote towards your television and press the power button. The device will shut down, and if it doesn’t, keep repeating the process using any possible Comcast remote codes until you get the correct one
- Once you confirm that the programming has been successful, press the buttons on your remote to ensure that they are functional. It is important to note that you can only access the basic functions of your TV using the remote
Method 2: Programming through automatic searching for device codes
With this method, you do not need to have the Samsung programming codes to sync a Comcast remote to your TV.
- Power on your television and Comcast box
- On the Xfinity remote, press the TV button
- Press and hold down the SETUP key until the TV button flashes green light twice
- Key in 9-1-1 on the remote. The TV button will flash two times
- Press 1 on the remote, then the Power button followed by the CH + button
- Repeat the process until the TV powers off
- Press SETUP to save the code
Method 3: Programming Xfinity for Samsung TV using RF pairing
Samsung TV users can also program their Xfinity remotes using RF pairing. RF stands for radiofrequency through these steps:
- Ensure that your remote control is powered on and working
- Power on your Samsung TV
- Press and hold the SETUP button until the signal light flashes a green light
- Press the Xfinity button on the remote
- Enter the three-digit code displayed on your screen
- You can confirm that the process has been successful by pointing the remote towards the TV and pressing any standard keys.
Why won’t my Xfinity remote pair with my TV?
Your Comcast Xfinity remote works automatically with Comcast television boxes. However, you will need to program it to work on any other television model.
To confirm that you have programmed it correctly for your Samsung TV, ensure that the remote can:
- Change channels on the TV
- Change the volume of your TV
- Power the TV on and off
Your remote may typically fail to pair with the TV due to various reasons. These may include a faulty remote, a barrier between the device and television box, and a problem with the TV.
Some of the steps you can take to troubleshoot this problem include:
- Factory reset the Xfinity remote by pressing the SETUP button until the LED light at the top blinks twice
- Press and release one button on the remote at a time
- Stand in front of your TV box to minimize the angle between the TV and the Xfinity remote
- Test the Comcast Xfinity remote on a different device if available. If the new device works, there could be an issue with your Samsung TV. Restart it by unplugging it from the power source, waiting for half a minute, and plugging it back in.
In case the remote does not work even after trying out the above solutions, contact customer support.