Are you looking to sign up for Peacock TV? If you are tired of cable and/or network TV, subscribing to a streaming service can be a great idea. And while there are several options to consider, Peacock TV is a strong contender.
Peacock TV is a streaming service owned by NBC and is named after the network’s iconic peacock logo. It was launched on July 15, 2020, with several offering such as a wide range of content, several package options, and more.
However, before signing up, here are some top five things to know about the service.
1. How much does Peacock TV cost?
One of the top things you will love about the Peacock streaming service is the price. It comes with three package options, the first being a free ad-supported tier, and the other two being premium.
The free streaming tier offers over 7,500 hours of content, ranging from movies, TV shows, news, and sports content.
The first premium tier costs $5 a month, which gives you access to the free content. On top of that, you get access to more TV shows, originals, sports content, and early access to late-night shows.
Lastly, the final premium tier costs $10 a month. For this, you get everything offered by the other two tiers with one added bonus – no commercials.
2. Where can you watch Peacock TV?
From which locations is the streaming service available? Can you watch Peacock TV in Canada? As of now, that is not possible.
The service was only launched for US viewers, with a planned international expansion in the works. Hopefully, international viewers won’t have to wait long before the service is launched.
However, if you are in the US, you can access the service’s content from anywhere in the country. All you need to do is sign up for one of the packages, and have one of the supported devices.
3. What channels, programs, and shows are available on Peacock?
Wondering what will be on peacock? You are in luck! Peacock TV streaming service features a wide range of content. If you opt for the free tier, you will get access to the next-day broadcast of current shows such as AP Bio, and This is US.
You can also watch entire series runs of top NBC and Universal shows, a large number of movies, and news and sports content from the NBC network.
With the premium tiers, you can enjoy original films and shows such as Brave New World, Intelligence, Lost Speedways, Curious George, and others. You can also access a range of current TV shows such as A.P Bio, Psych 2, Bad Girls Club, and more.
Other shows available on Peacock TV include past popular titles such as Law and Order: SVU, The Office, and more.
Aside from movies and TV shows, Peacock will also offer news programming from NBC News, CNBC, MSNBC, Sky News, and others.
On top of that, the streaming service will offer sports content covering top events such as the English Premier League, The Olympics, tennis, NFL, and others.
4. Which devices have Peacock access?
Peacock allows you to access its content through a variety of devices. These include:
- Smart TVs: LG and Vizio Smart TVs come with the Peacock TV app installed, allowing you to watch your favorite content on the service. You can also stream from Apple TV and all Android TVs.
- Cable boxes: Peacock streaming app is available on various set-top boxes such as Roku, Chromecast, Flex, and Xfinity X1. Unfortunately, Amazon Fire users will have to wait longer for the streaming app to be added to their devices.
- Gaming consoles: You can also switch between gaming and streaming Peacock TV content if you own an Xbox One or PS4.
- Mobile devices: You can stream all your favorite content using the Peacock TV mobile app on either your Android or iOS smart device.
- Computers: The service also features a desktop player that can be installed on Windows, Mac, and Chrome devices.
With so many devices supported, you are guaranteed access to Peacocks programming, whether you are at home, the office, or on the move.
5. How to get Peacock TV?
To get Peacock and start watching your favorite shows, follow the steps below:
- Go to peacocktv.com and create an account (option only available if you are in the US).
- Select your desired subscription package (free, premium with ads, or premium with no ads).
- Choose your preferred streaming device then download and install the Peacock TV app.
- Make sure you have a fast and reliable internet connection.
- Launch the app and log in with the credentials you used to create an account.
- Surf the Peacock library and search for content to watch then stream away!
Peacock is relatively new, but it is proving to be one of the best options on the market. With its large database of movies and TV shows, and select offerings from sports and news channels, you can’t lack something to watch.
On top of that, the free package makes Peacock a one-of-a-kind streaming service. And with NBC’s planned international expansion, it will be available to users around the world soon.