Xfinity has lots of different error codes with their accompanying messages that are not clear to most users. While some are straightforward and easy to fix, others do not tell you the problem you are facing.
Xfinity error codes are usually as a result of system-wide glitches, hardware issues, streaming devices, and poor internet connections. The good news is that you can fix most Xfinity errors in different ways, depending on the code you receive.
The easiest option is to reboot your device. Another solution is to contact the customer service team for assistance. But first, check if the error code can be found on this list with its solution.
List of Xfinity TV app error codes and how to fix
If you come across these specific error codes on Xfinity, follow the indicated steps to solve them.
Error RDK-03004 is a connection error. Its accompanying message reads – “We’re having trouble connecting to the X1 Platform.” Here is how you can fix it:
- Check your cable connections and secure them tightly.
- Unplug your TV Box from the electrical outlet.
- Wait for about 10 seconds and then plug back the cord.
- Your device will restart.
Another option is to reboot Xfinity TV. Here is how:
- Go to the Help Menu by pressing the A button on your remote.
- Press OK and select Restart.
- Press OK and select Restart again.
Your device will reboot and fix the error.
2. RDK 03117
The error code RDK 03117 occurs when the primary X1 Cable Box is not getting any transmission. Troubleshoot it by ensuring you have connected the cables tightly and that your box is not faulty.
Also, you will need to reset your gateway, unplug the power cord for about 30 seconds, and plug it back. If that does not work, contact the support team for further assistance.
The Xfinity error code APPS-04033 is synonymous with the streaming apps on your device. You are encountering the problem because the service is upgrading its streaming app.
In that case, you will also have to update your app and try again. Here is how:
- Uninstall the Xfinity Stream App from your device.
- Go to your device’s application store and download the app.
- Install the app and run it on your device.
Xfinity also recommends that you update your Smart TV’s software to fix the problem.
XRE-03007 occurs when there is a billing issue with your account. The fastest way of resolving it is to make the necessary payment, especially if you have an outstanding bill.
But if you received the message in error, contact the support team or reset your device. Here is how to reset Xfinity TV.
- Turn the Box off by unplugging it from the power source.
- Wait for at least ten seconds before plugging it back.
- Press and hold the Power button for two seconds.
- Release the button.
- After a few seconds, press the button again to turn your TV back on.
The options will allow you to fix the issue and try again.
5. RDK 03033
Whenever you see error RDK 03033 on your screen, it will also come with the message – “We’re having trouble connecting to the X1 Platform. This may be temporary, so please try again in a few minutes.”
You can try to fix it by rebooting your TV Box. Here is how:
- Unplug the TV Box from the power source.
- Wait for 10 seconds.
- Plug back the TV Box.
You can also reboot it from the device settings:
- Press the Xfinity button on your remote.
- Highlight Settings.
- Press OK.
- Highlight Device Settings.
- Press OK.
- Highlight Power Preferences.
- Press OK.
- Highlight Restart.
- Press OK.
- Highlight Restart and then press OK.
- The X1 Welcome Screen will display.
Your TV Box will resume playing the last channel. When highlighting an option, use the left, right, or down arrow buttons.
RDK-03036 is an error that occurs because of a connection issue. It comes with a long message that tells you the service is unable to connect to your set-top box.
Here’s what you should do:
- Ensure the coax cable connected to the Cable In outlet is tight.
- Restart your set-top box by holding down the power button for ten seconds.
- Release the button to see a welcome message.
Your device should restart and allow you to view content. If that does not work, call the service at 1-800-Xfinity.
7. REF CODE S0A00
If you get the REF CODE S0A00, it means you have not activated your TV Box, or you have lost the activation. In most cases, the error can go away within one hour.
But if that does not happen, consider activating the device.
- Go to xfinity.com/activate.
- Follow the instructions on your screen.
- Ensure you have your Activation information before proceeding.
Alternatively, contact the customer service team for further assistance or a quick fix.
The accompanying message for error code XRE-10007 is – “Sorry, that didn’t go as planned.”
It is an error that can have many sources, including poor Wi-Fi strength. You can try to fix it in several ways:
- Restart your TV box.
- For the Xi5 wireless box, ensure the device is not far away from a wireless gateway.
- Call a customer representative from Comcast.
- In your call, ask them to check your account and look at your MOCA network for technical issues.
Another option is to call a Comcast agent and select Billing. Next, ask them to check your account status for any issues.
The XRE-00021 code is a tuning error. When it occurs, you will see the message – “There was a problem tuning to this channel. Please tune to another channel.” Some users have come across this issue during commercial breaks.
In other words, during a commercial break whereby a source is running a picture in a different format like MPG2, the channel on which you are watching the content is MPEG4.
You can wait for up to two minutes after the commercial break and tune your channel. Another option is to change the channel and see whether it helps.
Error XRE-00021 can also be a signal problem. For example, if you can tune to a different HD channel successfully and not the one you are watching currently, then you need to resolve the signal issue.
One way of doing that is to swap the splinter to the X1 Box. Otherwise, contact the support team for further assistance.
10. RDK 03003
Whenever the RDK 03003 error occurs, you will see the message – “RDK-03003 – Unable to Connect to XFINITY TV.” You can troubleshoot this issue using the following methods:
- Check to ensure that all the device connections are tight. That includes the coax cable from the wall to the back of your device.
- Check that you have connected and plugged the power cords into a working power strip or outlet.
If you have connected your devices correctly, ensure to activate your services. Here is how:
- Connect your TV equipment, Voice, and the Internet.
- Turn on all your equipment.
- Go to xfinity.com/activate or xfinitymobile.com/activate.
- Follow the step-by-step activation instructions.
Once you troubleshoot the problem and activate your services, reboot your X1 TV Box and try again.
11. XRE 03059
Error code XRE 03059 has an accompanying message that reads – “Sorry we’re having some trouble. This channel is not available at the moment. Please select another channel and try this one a little later.”
The problem could be happening because the channel is not available. Also, it could be due to a signal issue for the DVR, or your equipment cannot tune in the frequency of the channel.
You can troubleshoot it in various ways:
- Restart your device and try opening the channel again.
- Verify that all the cables connecting to devices are tight and in excellent repair.
- Remove unnecessary splinters from your device.
Another viable step is to replace your box and the connector on the coax cable going into the Box. You can also contact tech support for assistance.
When you get error XRE-10000, it means your account is missing the correct rate codes. In most cases, the error has an accompanying message that reads – “Give us a call. Please call 866-512-2218, and we’ll get this taken care of for you.”
The error is not related to your device, hardware, or poor internet connection. That means there is nothing you can do on your end to fix it.
Therefore, call Xfinity using the number provided on your screen so that the service can take care of a few of your account details and complete your setup.
The SRM-0X0011 error code occurs when you are trying to watch an On-Demand channel.
In most cases, a simple system refresh or restart can help to solve it. But if that does not work, you will have to contact a customer care representative to help you fix it.
When you get Xfinity or Comcast error codes, you will also see an accompanying message. The message tells you what has gone wrong or how to fix it.
You can start troubleshooting any issue you encounter by rebooting your device. Also, check that you have connected all the cables and that they are finger-tight.
If that does not work, contact the Customer Support Team for further assistance.