The Xfinity Stream app allows you to access thousands of TV shows and series from your phone, tablet, computer, or Smart TV.
As one of the most preferred apps, Xfinity Stream allows you to watch content from top networks, live sports, news events, and thousands of On Demand TV shows and movies.
While the application is among the best for watching over 200 channels or live TV on the go, it has its host of issues.
Sometimes you encounter a problem where the app is not showing all channels or cloud-based DVR recording suddenly stops or won’t play.
When Xfinity Stream is not working, you cannot access a channel, watch a live event, or stream a movie. You must know the primary cause of the problem to be able to fix it.
Causes of some of the most common problems on Xfinity
Some of the reasons you have problems with the service include:
- The app is out-of-date
- Your device does not have an active network
- You have a corrupted program
How to fix common issues on Xfinity
The following are other common problems with the Xfinity Stream app and how to fix them.
1. A downloaded program will not play
If you have a program that you have downloaded and will not play or is corrupted, the following is what you can do:
- Delete the program and then download it again.
- Ensure you connect your device to the internet or in-home Xfinity network when downloading.
It is helpful that you do not change or lose your internet connection. If that happens, the file you are downloading will get corrupted again.
2. Unable to watch Xfinity away from home
If you are unable to watch Xfinity away from home, here is what you should do:
- If you have subscribed to Xfinity or X1 package that comes with cloud-based DVR, start by recording movies and TV shows in the cloud.
- When you go out of your in-home Xfinity network, access the service using the Xfinity Stream app or Xfinity Stream portal on your smartphone or computer through the chrome
- Stream the completed recordings on your tablet or mobile device.
You can also download the recordings while connected to any mobile or wireless network.
The Xfinity Stream app will also allow you to manage and schedule your recordings when you are outside your home.
3. Unable to cast the Xfinity Stream app
Unfortunately, you can’t cast the Xfinity app from your phone to a TV. But here is what you can do:
- Use Roku to watch content
- Connect a PC to your TV via Chromecast
- Use an HDMI cable
Understand that Comcast, the company behind Xfinity, does not support any form of casting. Thus, you can watch content from the app by using a compatible device.
4. Xfinity Stream app is not working on Roku
Numerous problems can explain why the Xfinity Stream app is not working on Roku. For example, your current stream has lost a network connection, and you get an error.
Some of the fixes include:
- Use your Roku remote and then select OK
- Reselect the channel from your current lineup
- Resume streaming
If the app is not working because you are getting an error that you have reached your streaming limit, you need to end the streaming session on the first device
Other fixes for the app not working on Roku include:
- Log out and log back into the Xfinity Stream beta channel if you cannot watch content
- Check your network connection to ensure you have a strong internet access
- Check that your Roku device has access to the network
- Hardwire the Roku device by using an Ethernet cable
- Reset your Roku account’s password and username
It is also helpful to ensure your Roku device model supports the app.
5. Xfinity Stream app keeps freezing
Whenever you use the application, and it keeps freezing:
- Power-cycle the device
- Close and re-try to open the app
- Sign out and sign back in of the app
- Reinstall the application to get the latest version
The above steps can also work if the app is not working on Smart TV.
6. Xfinity Stream is not working on Fire Stick
You can only use the app if it is compatible with your device. If the app is not working on Fire Stick, it is because it is not on Xfinity’s compatibility list.
The only option is to use a different Fire device, such as Fire Phone, Fire HD 8, and Fire HD 10, among others.
Stream Xfinity seamlessly
If the Xfinity Stream is not working on your device, you can start by troubleshooting the problem to know the primary cause of the issue.
A simple fix is to power-cycle your device or delete a program in the case of a corrupted file. Also, ensure that the app is compatible with your device before using it.