The Xfinity X1 (X11 and Xr15) remotes are designed for the Xfinity cable TV, internet telephone, and wireless service.
These remotes come in different models that are suited for different TVs on the market today. While they are excellent for the most part, there have been some reports of the Xfinity Xr15 voice remote not working.
The problem applies to both new and old remotes. This can particularly be disappointing especially if it happens when viewing content.
It is important to carefully try and fix your Xfinity remote without causing further damage. But first, you should understand what causes the remote to stop working.
Understanding the problem
The first step in troubleshooting any device is finding the bug that causes the malfunction.
This is particularly the toughest task of the process. You would want to do this first to ensure you get the correct fix for the error.
The common problems are remote programming, dead batteries, physical damage, and a faulty app or device. Establish which one you are facing to start the fix.
Troubleshooting an Xfinity remote
Here are the solutions to the above problems.
1. Program or reset the remote correctly
When you buy a new Xfinity X11 or XR15 voice remote, you will need to complete the setup process for you to pair the remote with your TV. But where is the setup button on the Xfinity remote?
Well, follow these steps to set up and pair your Xfinity remote:
- Ensure your remote has batteries and your TV is powered on
- Change your TV input to the device that you want to connect the Infinity remote to.
- Hold the Info and Xfinity buttons down together for about five seconds. Wait for the light on the remote to turn from red to green.
- A code will appear on your TV screen
- Enter the code on your remote.
- Press OK (center button) on the remote to verify the code.
- Once your remote is paired, follow the instructions on-screen to set up remote functions like volume, power, and input control.
If the Xfinity Xr15 remote was already programmed and has suddenly stopped working, you can reset it by following these steps:
- Hold A (triangle) and D (diamond) buttons
- When the light on the remote turns to green press 9-8-1 or 9-9-1
- Program the remote afresh with the box.
2. Reset the Xfinity box
There are good chances that your Xfinity box might not be communicating well with your remote. This can be addressed by resetting the box.
To reset your Xfinity box:
- Hold the reset button on the remote for 5 seconds
- You can also move to Xfinity My Account on the app to reset the box. Do the long reset on the application.
3. Check for Physical damage
You should be able to establish any physical damage on the remote by taking a good look at it. If the remote is damaged it will be difficult to pair it.
In some cases, the remote will not even work. The solution to this problem is to get a new remote.
4. Replace batteries
Sometimes, your Xfinity X11 or Xr15 remote not working issue is a simple result of dead batteries. Get a new pair of batteries and try them on the remote to see whether there will be a change.
For you to successfully fix any problem, just carefully follow each method discussed above. These methods apply not only to Xfinity Xr15 and X11 remotes but also to other Xfinity remotes too.