If you have subscribed to Hulu, one of the first things you will have to do is to create profiles. Profiles offer an excellent way of keeping track of your favorites, which include movies, TV shows, documentaries, and more.
Hulu will automatically create a primary profile immediately after you join the platform. You can also create five more to have six in total.
But situations arise where you find yourself using another person’s profile, thereby meddling with their viewing patterns and choices.
In that case, you need to know how to switch Hulu profiles so that you cannot interfere with what others have set.
The need to switch profiles on Hulu arises when you log into another user’s account on your smartphone, Smart TV, PC or Mac.
That means you will be getting their shows or movies and not yours. Generally, it is easy to switch profiles.
But that will depend on the device you are using. For example, the steps you can take on a laptop are not the same for a Smart TV. If you find it challenging, the following is what you should do.
Switching Hulu profiles on different platforms
You can switch between different profiles on Hulu by following these device-specific guides:
If you have logged into Hulu.com via a browser, you can switch Hulu profiles on a laptop by doing the following:
- Hover the cursor over the current profile’s name icon located in the upper right corner of the webpage
- Select your profile from the list of the options provided
Once you select it, you should be able to find your favorites.
2. Smartphone app
If you have logged in via a smartphone, do the following:
- Go to the Menu then Account and tap your current profile’s icon
- From the list of profiles provided, tap on the one you want to switch to
The option should land you on your profile or a different one that you prefer. You can also use the above steps to switch profiles on the Hulu app for Windows.
3. Smart TV
If you are using a TV-connected device, like Roku, or just a Smart TV like Vizio or Samsung, the following is how you can change profiles on Hulu:
- Launch the Hulu app using your remote
- Scroll down until you reach “Account”
- Select Profiles
- Locate the profile you would like and select to switch
After selecting it, you should start watching your saved shows and movies. You can also follow the same steps if you want to switch Hulu profiles on Samsung TV.
Switching profiles error on Hulu
Sometimes you may encounter an error with the message – we encountered an error when switching profiles. Follow these steps:
- If you are getting the error while using a desktop, log out of Hulu, sign in, and try again
- If you are using a Smart TV or smartphone, remove the device from your account and then add it again
It is easy to switch profiles on Hulu if you have accidentally logged into another person’s account. The steps to follow will depend on the device you are using.
In case you encounter an error, log out of the account and then log in and try again. If it fails, remove the device from your account and add it again.