Many Hisense Smart TV users have found installing Disney Plus on their devices challenging. That is because Disney Plus only supports a select number of Hisense Smart TVs.
Therefore, the first step to installing Disney Plus on Hisense Smart TV is determining whether the streaming service supports your device.
If it does not support the device, you may have to use other methods to get Disney Plus on your Hisense Smart TV.
Luckily, Disney Plus supports many newer Hisense TV models. But how do you get Disney Plus on a Hisense Smart TV?
Is Disney Plus available on Hisense Smart TV?
Disney Plus is available on select Hisense Smart TVs. The streaming service supports Hisense Smart TVs manufactured after 2017.
Also, the Smart TVs must have any of the following operating systems:
- Select VIDAA U2.5 (MT5658 & MT5659 chipsets).
- Select VIDAA U3 (MSD6886 chipset).
- VIDAA 4.0 or later.
If your Hisense Smart TV model is supported, the Disney+ app will be available in the VIDAA Home launcher.
However, if you notice that Disney Plus disappeared from Hisense TV, consider updating your OS.
Ever wondered who manufactures Hisense TVs? Get to know who makes them, where they are made, and whether they are worth your money.
How to get Disney+ on Hisense Smart TV
You can get Disney Plus on Hisense Smart TV using different methods. Here are a few.
1. Download Disney+ from the application store
Hisense Smart TV uses the VIDAA OS to run applications and other systems. It also has an application store where you can download all your apps.
Therefore, you can add Disney Plus to a Hisense TV by doing the following:
- Go to the Homepage using the Hisense Smart TV remote.
- Select My Apps.
- Press the OK button.
- Within My Apps, select App Store.
- Press the OK button.
- Use the arrow buttons on your remote to scroll through the App Store.
- Locate Disney+ and press the OK button.
- After choosing the app, select Install and press the OK button.
Allow the background process to install Disney Plus on Hisense. Once done, you will find it under the My Apps section.
2. Use a third-party streaming device to get Disney+ on Hisense Smart TV
Since Disney+ does not support many Hisense TV models, your second option to get Disney Plus on an old Hisense TV is to use a third-party streaming device.
In this case, use Roku, Fire TV Stick, Chromecast with Google TV, or Apple TV. Before using it, you must understand the following:
- Your Hisense Smart TV must have an HDMI port.
- If your TV does not have an HDMI port, you can get a Roku with a composite output (RCA jack connections—red, white, and yellow).
- If you have an older Hisense TV, consider purchasing a video adapter, such as an HDMI to Composite converter. The adapter will allow you to use any streamer you want by converting HDMI to composite.
However, here is how you can proceed if your Hisense Smart TV has an HDMI port:
- Attach your streaming device to an HDMI Port on your Hisense Smart TV.
- Turn the TV on and set the corresponding input for the streaming device.
- Follow the onscreen instructions for the installation of the streaming device.
- Access the apps section on the streaming device.
After accessing the apps section, find and install the Disney+ app.
3. Mirror your Android device to your Hisense Smart TV
If you are an Android user, you can install Disney+ on your phone directly from the Google Play Store.
Once done, you can mirror your phone to your Hisense Smart TV as follows:
- Use your Hisense Smart TV remote and navigate to Anyview Cast.
- Select the hamburger menu button.
- Go to Setup > System > Network > Network Configuration (wireless) > Anyview Cast.
- Ensure Anyview Cast is ON.
- Go to your smartphone.
- Connect to the same network as your Hisense Smart TV.
- Open the Google Home app. You can download and install the app from the Play Store.
- Tap on More.
- Select Cast screen/audio.
- Confirm your selection.
- Select your Hisense Smart TV from the pop-up window.
You can now launch Disney+ on your smartphone and mirror it to your TV.
Need a detailed explanation? Here’s how to use Anyview Cast on your smart TV. However, if you’re finding it hard to connect the phone to the TV, go through our guide on troubleshooting Anyview Cast on Hisense TVs.
For iOS users, you require an HDMI-to-Lightning cable adapter. If you have this cable:
- Connect an iPad or iPhone to the adapter.
- Connect the adapter to the TV via a standard HDMI cable.
- Select the corresponding source on your TV.
If you already have the Disney+ app installed on your iPhone, you can launch it and mirror the screen to your Hisense Smart TV.
Disney Plus is not working on Hisense TV?
If Disney Plus is not working on Hisense TV, try the following fixes:
- Restart your Hisense TV by turning it off and unplugging it from the power outlet for a few minutes. Then, plug it back in and turn it on again.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Disney Plus app on your Hisense TV and try again.
- Check if your Hisense Smart TV is compatible with Disney Plus.
- Check your internet connection because Disney+ requires stable internet to stream.
You can also update your Hisense TV to the latest OS to ensure compatibility.
Have your say
How do you watch Disney+ on your Hisense Smart TV?