The Netflix app is one of the best you can download on your Hisense Smart TV. Whether you are using the old Hisense TV or the newer versions that come with Android TV, the app is usually seamless to use.
Through the app, viewers can access a variety of shows and movies in different categories based on their preferences.
While Netflix is one of the popular video streaming apps, users may sometimes experience various issues when using it. App issues or internet connectivity issues may bar you from accessing your favorite shows.
On Hisense, Netflix can stop working due to a software compatibility issue. This mostly happens when you update the TV firmware or the Netflix app. To fix it, update either of the two, that you hadn’t updated prior to the problem.
But there are other possible solutions that you can try out. First, let’s get into the basic troubleshooting steps.
Basic Netflix app troubleshooting steps
The first step is towards resolving any Netflix app issue is by applying basic solutions used to fix most faulty apps. These include:
- First, check if the Netflix servers are down. You can do it right from their website. If Netflix is offline, the app will not load and you will have to wait until the issue is resolved
- Netflix is working, restarting your Hisense TV can help fix the problem.
- If your internet connection is not working, the Netflix app will not work as well. If there is a problem with your connection, reboot your router, and contact the provider if it is not resolved
- Updating the Netflix app may also be necessary for the app to load on your Hisense TV successfully.
- Logging out then back into your account can be an effective solution as well. Sign out of all devices using Netflix. Sometimes, having the app on multiple devices can cause a conflict on its servers.
You can refer to this detailed troubleshooting guide for Hisense TVs for more info and in-depth explanations of each procedure.
Netflix won’t work on Hisense TV – How to fix
So, what should you do when Netflix doesn’t work on your Hisense television even after carrying out basic app troubleshooting procedures? Here are three procedures to follow:
Method 1: Restart the TV
- Unplug the television from the power source
- Wait for 60 seconds and plug it back in. Doing this resets the TV completely
Method 2: Perform a connectivity check
- Turn your Hisense TV on and open the Netflix app
- Go to the Settings menu, scroll down to the Get Help option and press OK
- Scroll down to the Check Network option and press OK. If the network check is not successful, you might need to reset your router or modem to fix the issue
Method 3: Reload Netflix
- If the network check is successful yet the error has not been resolved, click on More Details on the screen to load Netflix settings
- Scroll down to the Get Help option
- Select Reload Netflix and press OK
If none of the above methods work, try reinstalling the Netflix app by deleting it from the device and downloading it again from the app store
What to do if Netflix shows a black screen
If you open the Netflix app and there is only sound but no video, unplug the TV from power for a minute, press and hold down the power button for a few seconds to discharge it, plug it back and try opening the Netflix app again.
For a black screen with no sound, exit Netflix, and try opening the app again. If this doesn’t work, restart the TV.
If the problem lingers, your TV may be having a software or hardware problem and you may need to contact the manufacturer to upgrade to the latest firmware, perform a factory reset or fix it.
How to reset Netflix on your Hisense Smart TV
Resetting the Netflix app can help if you are experiencing problems. To perform a reset:
- Launch the Netflix app
- Using your remote control, press the following commands: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up then select Reload Netflix.
- Alternatively, if you can access the settings section of the app, scroll to the Get Help option and click on Reload Netflix. Follow the same process if you wish to sign out or deactivate your account and sign in as a new Netflix member.
Upgrading Netflix via Hisense Smart TV
Staying for too long without updating your Netflix app can also result in performance errors. Here is how to update Netflix on your Hisense TV:
- Turn the television on
- Navigate to the apps area and press and hold the select button until the Update Apps popup comes up. Choose the Update option and wait for the process to complete.
So, why is Netflix not working on my smart TV? In summary, the app may fail to work due to an issue with your Netflix app, a network issue, or a problem with your smart TV. To resolve the issue, you first need to identify what is causing it.
In most cases, restarting your Netflix will fix the issues. However, you may also need to deactivate the app and activate it again in case restarting does not work.