Are you looking to cancel Cinemax on Amazon Prime? While it is one of the best entertainment channels on Prime Video, you could be tired of it for one reason or another.
Perhaps the subscription is too expensive for you, or you’ve already watched all the best programs.
Whatever the reason is, Amazon Prime offers you a chance to cancel your channel subscriptions. Below, we have compiled information on how you can cancel your Cinemax subscription on Prime Video, using various ways.
Cancel Cinemax on Amazon Prime Video via the website on PC
You can cancel Amazon Prime Video channel subscription is through Amazon’s website on your computer through these steps:
- Open a web browser on your PC and go to Amazon.com
- Click on the Accounts & Lists drop-down menu on the top-right-hand corner of the web page.
- Click on the Sign In button and log in to your Amazon account using your details.
- Go to the Accounts & Lists menu again
- Click on the Membership & Subscriptions option.
- Scroll down to Prime Video Channels.
- Find Cinemax then click on the Cancel Channel link located next to it.
Canceling a Cinemax subscription will stop automatic billing, but there will be no refunds. However, you can continue accessing the channel’s content until the end of the subscription period.
Cancel Cinemax on Amazon Prime via mobile
You can also cancel the Cinemax subscription on Prime Video on your phone. Below is a look at how to do it:
- Launch the Amazon Prime app on your phone (or other mobile devices you’ve access to). If you don’t have the app, go to the Amazon App Store, and download and install it.
- With the app launched, sign in to your account (if you are not yet logged in)
- Tap on the three stacked lines drop-down menu button and select Your Account
- Select Memberships & Subscriptions.
- Scroll past the subscription list and tap on the Don’t see your subscription? button
- In the new window that appears, click on Prime Video Channels.
- Go to Cinemax and tap on the Cancel Channel button located under it.
Once canceled, the channel will be removed from your active subscriptions. However, you will continue having access to Cinemax until the billing period ends.
Cancel Cinemax on Amazon Prime on TV
Do you watch Amazon Prime content on Fire TV or other smart TVs? The only way to cancel is through the website, or the Prime Video app as showed. For the website, simply go to Amazon.com and follow the steps in (1) above.
For Prime Video App, simply go to the Home screen of your Fire TV or Smart TV and then select and launch the Amazon Prime Video App. From there, follow the steps listed in (2) above to cancel Cinemax free trial or active subscription.
Cinemax on Amazon Prime via email, contact form, or phone
Are you having trouble canceling the Cinemax subscription through the methods above? There is one more option left; having Amazon do it for you.
You can call Amazon Customer Care on 000 1 206-922-0880 and inform them to cancel your Cinemax subscription on Amazon Prime.
Alternatively, you can get in touch with Amazon Customer support through email as follows:
- Log into your Amazon account then go to the contact page
- Select the details of the problem you are facing Prime or Something else.
- Scroll down to the Tell us more section and make the following selections from the drop-down options Prime > Membership Management > Change Prime auto-renewal.
- Go Or talk to someone where you will find several options to contact customer care. Select the email option.
- Type in details of your issue and send the email. A customer care assistant will get back to you, and guide you in canceling your subscription.
FAQs about Cinemax on Amazon Prime
Aside from Cancelling the Cinemax subscription on Prime Video, you might have other issues and questions.
Below is a look at the two most common questions other Amazon Prime users have and their answers.
Is Cinemax free with Amazon Prime?
No! The Cinemax channel is a paid subscription service.
However, you can enjoy a 7-day free trial period on your first time subscribing to the channel.
Does Amazon Fire Stick have Cinemax?
Cinemax does not have a separate app that you can download and install on Fire Stick.
Therefore, for now, you can only enjoy it through Amazon Prime Video or other similar platforms.
If you are looking to cancel Cinemax on Amazon Prime, there is an easy self-service cancellation available on their website, or Prime App. And if that doesn’t work, you can always contact Amazon Customer support for additional help.
The good thing about canceling Cinemax or other channels is that you can restart the subscription sometime later at no extra cost.