Amazon Prime Video is among the leading streaming sites on the internet. As a subscriber, you can stream any video on a compatible TV, phone, tablet, Fire TV, and gaming console. It is always a fantastic idea to stream shows on the network.
When it is inconvenient, that option becomes impossible. Fortunately, you have the option of downloading movies on your Fire tablets, iOS, and Android devices. But can you also download Amazon Prime video to PC or Mac?
Amazon does not facilitate downloading movies or TV shows on a computer. The feature is only available for iOS and Android devices.
But that does not mean it is entirely impossible. In other words, the options available are not straightforward.
How to download Amazon Prime Videos to PC
Since there is no desktop app for Amazon Prime, you can only download Amazon Prime movies to your computer by running an Android emulator. Examples include VirtualBox and BlueStacks. Here is how you can do it:
- Download and install any of the Android emulators mentioned above to your PC
- Follow the instructions on the installation process
- Create a virtual device
- After the installation, launch the emulation software on your PC
You can launch the software by running the virtual device. Your emulator will now run on your PC. Next:
- Go online and search for Amazon Prime Video APK
- Download the APK file to your PC
- Paste the file in the “platform-tools” folder of the emulator directory. The platforms-tools folder is under the emulator installation folder.
- Open the command prompt.
- Type “adb install” then “space” and then “drag and drop” the .apk file you downloaded to the same CMD environment.
- Press Enter and wait for the process to finish.
You should then go to the emulator to find the Amazon Prime Video app installed. Log in to your account and start browsing shows or movies. Once you see a series you like, hit the download icon to add to your library and watch later.
The steps above will allow you to download and start watching videos. But since Amazon Prime has a DRM policy, it means you will not watch the movies if you move the files out of the emulated Android environment.
Download Prime Videos to Mac
Prime Video also does not have a facility for users to download Amazon movies to Mac. In that case, you will have to use a third-party application to save videos to your Mac.
An example of an application you should consider is a screen recorder.
A screen recorder programme will allow you to record streaming shows and movies from Amazon Prime and others like Netflix. Here is how.
- Download and install a screen recorder on your Mac. Consider software like UkeySoft.
- Launch the screen recorder.
- Customize the software if necessary.
- Go to Amazon Prime Video and sign in.
- Find a movie and play it.
- Hit the Record button on the screen recorder software.
The software will start to record Amazon Prime movies to Mac. After recording, you can edit the video and convert it to a playable format like MP4 or FLV.
If you want to download Amazon Prime video to PC or Mac, you need to use third-party applications. The streaming service does not have a facility to download videos on computers, unlike the case with iOS, Fire tablets, and Android devices.
Android emulators and Mac screen recorder applications are examples of tools you can use to download Amazon Prime videos to your computer.