Amazon Prime is one of the top streaming entertainment services. From the latest romance movies, SCI-FI adventures, critically acclaimed comedies, dramas and thrillers, and action-packed films and TV shows, your experience is guaranteed to be fun.
But sometimes, this is not always the case.
Like many streaming services, Amazon Prime Video is faced with a number of issues from time to time. A good number of these issues can be experienced when streaming Amazon Prime on Apple TV, one of the most popular streaming devices.
Below, we have compiled all the information about various issues that affect Apple TV, what causes them, and the top solution to fix them.
Common Amazon Prime Video issues on Apple TV and their causes
There are several Amazon Prime issues that can affect your viewing experience on Apple TV. Below is a look at the top ones:
- Amazon Prime Video is not loading on Apple TV – This can be caused by connectivity issues, software problems with the TV, or bug problems with the Prime Video App
- Prime Video is down – Can occur due to connectivity issues, corrupted software issues with on your Apple TV, a bug in the Amazon Prime app, or a problem with Amazon Prime servers
- No sound playing on Prime Video – This could be due to a software or hardware problem on your Apple TV, a bug in the app, or problems caused by other third-party applications.
- Constant buffering when streaming – This is due to slow internet speed, bad Wi-Fi network, or streaming issues on Apple or Amazon’s sides.
How to get Amazon Prime to work on Apple TV?
Luckily, most of the Amazon Prime issues affecting Apple TV can be fixed. Below is a look at some of the top solutions to get your service working again:
1. Ensure you have a strong internet connection
Several streaming issues can occur due to a poor internet connection. Therefore, one of the first things you should do is to ensure that you have a reliable connection, which can stream efficiently without lags.
So how do you know if it is a problem with the internet? Launch any other app like Netflix or YouTube TV and try streaming.
If it works and doesn’t buffer, then the internet is okay. But if any of these apps don’t work, then it is without doubt an issue with your internet. If you are getting an error that displays “Insufficient bandwidth”, follow this guide to fix the issue.
If your current connection is unstable, contact your ISP for support, or consider changing to a more reliable one. The video below shows how to diagnose your internet connection.
2. Update Amazon Prime Video app and other apps on your TV
Running outdated apps is another top reason why Amazon Prime Video might not be working on Apple TV. To fix the problem, start by updating the Prime Video app to the latest version.
The updating procedure might vary from one device to the next. However, in general, follow these steps to update Amazon Prime Video:
- Find and open the app store on your device
- Search for Amazon Prime Video and click it
- On the install button, you should see “Update”
- Click then wait for the update to finish
If the problem persists, uninstall the app, restart your device, and then install a fresh and up-to-date version. You should also ensure that all other related apps on the device are up-to-date, as they can cause incompatibility problems for some of your TV features.
3. Restart Apple TV
Streaming issues can also occur due to temporary software problems with your device. More often than not, a simple restart of the device will fix these problems. To restart your Apple TV:
- Navigate to Settings on the menu
- Select “System”
- Click on the “Restart” option.
4. Reset Apple TV to original settings
In some cases, software issues affecting your device can fail to be resolved even after restarting it. In such a case, you can consider restoring it to factory settings, which will help to fix any software issues.
To reset Apple TV:
- Navigate to Settings on your device’s menu
- Select “General”
- Choose the “Reset” option and then go to “Restore”.
This will remove all the data on your device, restore it to original settings, and then install the latest Apple TV software.
Amazon Prime Video not working on Apple TV can be a frustrating experience. However, with the above solutions, you can be able to solve most of the issues that are affecting your streaming experience.
However, if you are unable to fix the problem, you should consider contacting Apple Support Centre or Amazon Prime Video Help Centre for additional troubleshooting and support.