Amazon Prime Video is an internet on-demand streaming entertainment service that offers a range of movies, TV shows, and videos.
However, from time to time, you might have to contend with a technical problem or two. A common problem that affects users, this interfering with their viewing experience is the Amazon Prime error code 9068.
The Prime Video error code 9068 is a refreshing error that affects the library, making several (and in worse cases) of all of the collections unavailable.
It can also affect the Prime Video display, making sections of the home screen unavailable.
Getting this error can thus be a frustrating experience. But worry not! Below, we have compiled all the information about the issue and how you can fix it.
What causes error code 9068 on Amazon Prime Video?
The Amazon error code 9068 appears to be more prevalent on Roku devices and for users outside the U.S. This suggests third-party device compatibility and geographical access issues.
However, it still affects users of other devices, including Smart TVs, PS4s, and other devices, and for users even in the U.S.
Other reasons why this error can occur include:
- Corrupted software or hardware data on the device
- Outdated Amazon Prime video app
- A bug problem that temporarily affects the device’s or the app data
- A problem on the Amazon server-side
- Device compatibility issue
How to fix Amazon prime video error code 9068?
If you encounter error 9068 on Amazon Prime, try out the following fixes:
1. Reboot your streaming device
Corrupted device data and bug problems are usually temporary issues, which can be easily fixed by rebooting your device.
For Roku, you can reboot your device through the following steps:
- Go to Home Screen on your device and selecting “Settings”
- Scroll down the Settings menu and select the “System” option
- Scroll down and select “Restart” then confirm your choice by pressing “OK” on your remote to reboot your device.
You can also reboot your device (Roku or others) by powering it off, unplugging the power cord for about two minutes, and then powering it on again.
2. Deregister then register your device from Amazon Prime Video
Error code 9068 can occur if there is a compatibility issue with your device and the Amazon Prime server. This is fairly common when using a new streaming device.
The issue can be fixed by deregistering the device, then register it again. To do this:
- Go to Amazon.com/pin
- Log in using your Amazon Prime account details
- Navigate to the “REGISTERED DEVICES” section and click on the “Deregister Your Device” option to remove your device
- Sign out and then sign back in again
- Navigate to the “REGISTERED DEVICE” option and click on “Register Your Device”
- Enter the details for your device and then submit to complete the registration.
Once you have registered your device, power it on and launch the Amazon Prime Video app/channel to start enjoying your favorite content again.
3. Ensure that your app is up-to-date
An outdated app is another reason for error 9068, as well as several other Amazon Prime Video not working issues.
Usually, most devices will update their applications/channels automatically, unless they are powered off for a long time, disconnected from the internet.
If using, say a Roku device, you can update your Amazon Prime app and others by simply powering it on and ensuring that the internet connection is active.
This will allow it to update the Prime Video app, which will fix any bug issues.
Getting the Amazon error code 9068 can be a frustrating experience. However, with the above solutions, you can be able to fix the problem and start streaming again.
However, if the issue persists, you can contact Amazon Prime customer care for additional support and troubleshooting.