Are you looking for the best entertainment content? Roku has got you covered. One of the top online streaming services, it is the go-to device for all of your entertainment experience.
However, to enjoy all of this, you have to activate your device, which is where the Roku link code comes into play.
But where will you find the code? Don’t worry! Below, we have listed all the information on where to find the Roku link code, how to use it, and how to solve any issues that may arise.
How to get your Roku link code?
Finding the Roku link code location is easy; it is displayed on the TV screen during the activation process.
Here’s the step-by-step guide for acquiring the code:
- Using the instructions manual, make all the necessary connections for the Roku device and power it on. A logo will display on the screen, followed by a guided-set-up process
- Start the process by selecting the language and then proceed to connect the device to a wireless network
- Once a connection is made, the device will download the latest software and firmware, and then prompt you to select the preferred display options. Press the “OK” button to allow the device to automatically set the optimal display, and then confirm the resolution settings.
- After setting the display, an activation screen will display with the Roku link code. Write it down
Using Roku link code to activate your device
Once you get the Roku activation code, you can proceed to activate your device and start streaming content. Below is a step-by-step look at the activation process:
- Go to my.roku.com/link on a computer browser, phone, or tablet and enter the link code from your TV in the prompted section and click on the “Submit” button.
- Log into your account (or create a new one) and complete the setup by providing all the prompted information and selecting the channels to add to your streaming device.
- After the online set-up is complete, the Roku screen will update, and the selected channels will be added to the streaming device.
Roku link code doesn’t work? How to fix
Ideally, it should be easy to link the Roku device to your account. However, from time to time you might experience some issues during the activation process.
Below is a look at some of the top ones and their solutions.
1. No link code displayed
One of the top issues is the link code failing to display on the activation screen. This can be due to a temporary issue with your device or missing the activation screen altogether.
When a link code isn’t displayed on Roku, you can get a new one by pressing the “*” (star/asterisk) button.
2. Device stuck on the link code screen
The screen can take a few minutes to update after activating your device.
However, if the screen continues to be stuck, the issue will most likely be due to not completing all the steps on the website. Complete all the steps for the screen to update.
3. Error message after entering link code
Another common issue is getting an error message after entering the activation code. This can be due to a number due:
- A typing error – recheck it, and then enter it again
- A temporary network issue – check again after a few minutes to see if the issue will resolve
If the error persists, you can get a new code on your device by pressing the “*” (star/asterisk) button. Re-enter the activation website to complete the activation process.
Roku offers the best entertainment content in the form of the latest films and trending TV shows. You can enjoy all of these by activating your device through a simple activation process using a link code.
In the event there are any issues getting or using the Roku link code, the above solutions can help to resolve the problem.
However, if the issue persists, you can get in touch with Roku customer support for additional troubleshooting.