Are you tired of using multiple remotes for your devices? You can program a remote to control multiple devices.
Spectrum remotes are especially one of the best brands when it comes to programming them for use in other devices.
If you have just bought a Spectrum remote, you can program it for both your cable box and TV, thus eliminating the need for multiple remotes.
The best part is, it is a simple process that only takes a few minutes. Below a look at how to program a Spectrum remote.
Steps to program a Spectrum remote to the cable box
Below is a step-by-step guide to Spectrum remote programming for cable box:
- Turn on the cable box
- Hold the Spectrum remote control at a close enough distance while facing the cable box
- Press the “CBL” and “OK/SELL” buttons on the remote simultaneously. Hold them for a few seconds until a LED light turns on
- With the light on, your remote is ready to be programmed. At this point, enter the correct codes for your cable box brand and model. Some brands come with multiple codes, so you might need to enter more than once until you find the correct one (waiting a few seconds after each incorrect code).
- If you don’t have the codes, press either the CH – or CH + buttons continuously. This automatically searches and enters the right code for your cable box model. With this option, you might have to press the button for a while until the right code is found.
- Once you enter the correct code, the cable box will turn automatically turn off. When this happens, test the remote by pressing the “POWER” button. If it turns on, the process is complete.
- Press the “CBL” button again to store the code and complete the process.
How to program a Spectrum remote to the TV
Aside from your cable box, you can also sync the Spectrum remote to your TV.
Below are the Spectrum remote control instructions for doing this:
- Turn on the TV and then hold the remote facing to it
- Press the “TV” and the “Yellow A/Blue B” (depending on your TV brand) buttons simultaneously. Hold them for a few seconds until the TV button lights up.
- With the light on, press the 1-digit code for your TV brand (which you can find in the Spectrum remote control setup guide that comes with the manual). For example, if your TV is Samsung or Mitsubishi, the code is 1. Keep pressing the button until the TV powers off. Alternatively, instead of the code, you can use the auto-search method (by pressing either the CH – or CH + button until the TV turns off)
- Press the “POWER” button to turn the TV on and to test whether the process was successful
- Press the “TV” button again to store the code. The button will blink twice.
Are you looking for tips on programming Spectrum remote to TV or cable box? The above is a detailed guide for doing this.
With the steps above, you can turn your Spectrum remote into a “universal” remote control for all your devices. No more using multiple remotes. Simply control all your devices from one single place.