Roku player is the ultimate device for unlimited home entertainment. In order to unlock the Roku experience, you need a remote control.
Your remote is not only convenient to use but also enables functions that aren’t included on the buttons on the decoder.
If your Roku remote is not working, one of the most effective ways of fixing it is to reset it.
However, before you resort to reset a Roku remote, consider the following factors that may cause it to stop working:
- If the batteries are old, the remote may not work.
- When the Roku remote is not compatible with the player, it may not work.
- If the Roku player’s sensor is blocked, the remote may not work.
If none of the above is affecting your remote, then you need to reset it. Here are different ways to reset your Roku remote.
How to reset a Roku remote with a player
To reset a Roku remote, follow these steps:
- Unplug your Roku player from the power source for about 15-30 seconds.
- Remove the batteries from your remote and wait for 30 seconds.
- Plug the player back to the power source.
- After five seconds, you should see the Roku logo on your screen.
- Put the batteries back to the remote.
- Press the pairing button and wait for a few seconds.
Unfortunately, this procedure does not work on all Roku remotes. Roku has two main classifications on remote controls — the infrared and enhanced remotes.
On the infrared remotes, you can reset Roku remote without a pairing button. These remotes require the replacement of batteries.
Replacing the old batteries is the best way to reset a Roku remote without a reset button. Confirm whether you have the Roku IR or Enhanced Remotes before you find the right solution between resetting and replacing the battery.
How to pair a Roku remote to a player
Before starting the process, ensure that the batteries on the remote are working.
If you want to sync the Roku remote with the player, follow these steps.
- Unplug the player from the power source.
- Remove the batteries from your remote.
- After 10 seconds, plug your Roku player back in.
- You should see the Roku logo on the TV screen.
- Replace the batteries on the remote
- On your remote, press the pairing button for at least five seconds.
- After five seconds, you will see the pairing light. Wait for the prompt confirmation on your TV screen.
In the pairing process, you may encounter some challenges. For example, your Roku remote may be blinking green, but not working.
In such a case, replace the batteries and start the process again.
Is there a way to pair Roku remote without the pairing button?
If your Roku remote doesn’t have a pairing button, it means the remote is infrared and therefore doesn’t need pairing. If it stops working, it means the batteries are dead.
Replace them to continue using your remote.
From the above guidelines and steps, it is evident that to program Roku remote is simple and straightforward. The golden rule, however, is understanding whether your Roku remote is Infrared or Enhanced.
If it is Enhanced, you need all the steps outlined above. If your Roku remote is Infrared, the only solution is to make sure that the batteries are functional.