Have you been streaming videos on Netflix and noticed the error code M7111-1331-5059? The error code is also accompanied by the message – You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy. Please turn off any of these services and try again.
It indicates Netflix systems have detected you are using a VPN, unblocker, or proxy service to access their content.
The error code occurs because Netflix’s content library varies by region. When you connect to their servers using a VPN or proxy, it means you are trying to bypass your geolocation. It can also mean that you are trying to access geographically restricted content.
Netflix will block you once they detect the connection and you will not be able to stream videos on the network.
Netflix can detect proxies because the company has systems that sniff out IP addresses and servers used by some VPN providers. The streaming company also works with a few VPN services.
That means it is possible to watch movies on the site using a VPN. However, Netflix must recognize the VPN to allow you to stream content privately.
The error code M7111-1331-5059 can be annoying when watching original movies and series. But there are several ways of fixing it.
How to fix error M7111-1331-5059 on Netflix
- Disable your VPN
- Disable your proxy server
- Clear browser cache and cookies
- Contact your ISP
- Contact Netflix
Here is a detailed explanation for each solution.
Method #1: Disable your VPN
You need to disable your VPN, proxy, or any software that is routing your online traffic outside of your geolocation or region.
It is the best way of fixing the Netflix VPN error, allowing you to continue streaming content uninterrupted. Disabling your VPN depends on the device or Operating System you are using.
If you are using a PC
follow the steps below to disable your VPN.
- Go to Start
- Click Control Panel
- Click Network and Internet
- In the new window, click Network and Sharing Center
- On the left side of the pane, click on Change Adapter Settings
A list of all your network connections and the adapters on your computer will appear. To disable your active VPN, right-click on it and then select Delete.
For macOS users
The following steps will allow you to disable your VPN.
- Open the Apple Menu
- Click on System Preferences
- Click on Network Control Panel
- In the Show menu, click on Network Port Configurations
- Delete your active VPN Connections and then click on Apply Now
These steps will delete your VPN proxy settings. But for changes to take place, click OK and restart your computer. Also, reboot your router to complete the deletion process.
Also Read: How to fix Netflix error code m7703-1003
For iOS users
If you are using an iOS device, follow the steps below to disable your VPN.
- Go to Settings
- Select General
- Tap VPN where applicable
- Select Delete Profile
- Confirm you want to delete the profile by selecting Delete again
You should then reboot your device for changes to take place.
If you are using Android, you can disable your VPN by following the steps below.
- Go to Settings
- Tap on “More.”
- Tap on VPN
- Hit Delete
To apply the changes and disable VPN, tap on Okay
Note that it is possible to watch movies on Netflix even if you are using a VPN or proxy. To do this, sign up with a VPN service provider that supports or is recognized by Netflix.
Method #2: Disable your proxy server
Apart from disabling your VPN, you need to disable your proxy server to continue watching content and fix the Netflix error. You can disable the proxy server from your browser.
Each browser has a unique way of disabling or changing proxy settings.
For Internet Explorer
- Go to Tools and click Internet Options
- Under the new window, click on the Connections tab and choose LAN settings
- Under Proxy Server, uncheck the box with the title – Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections)
- Click on OK then OK under the Connections tab.
You will have disabled your proxy settings at this point. Restart your IE browser to apply the changes.
For Google Chrome
- Under the browser toolbar, click on the Chrome Menu and select Settings
- Click on Advanced
- Under the System panel, click on Open Proxy Settings to open the Internet Properties window.
- Under the Internet Properties window, click on LAN Settings
- Uncheck the box Automatically detect settings
- Click OK then OK to close the windows
The steps above will disable your proxy server and fix the VPN streaming error on Google Chrome.
For Firefox browser
- Go to Options
- Scroll down to locate Network Proxy and click on Settings
- A Connections Settings window will pop-up
- Under the new window, check No Proxy
- Click OK
Restart Firefox to apply the changes.
For Safari browser
- Click on Preferences
- Click on the Advanced tab and click on Change Settings
- Uncheck the box Use a proxy server for your LAN
- Click OK
Restart your Safari browser to apply the changes and try to connect to the Netflix network.
Here’s a video of the same process on Windows 10.
You should be able to stream videos without the error code M711-1331-5059 appearing on your screen.
Method #3: Clear browser cache and cookies
In some cases, your browser data can become outdated or corrupted. Outdated data can cause problems when trying to access certain websites like Netflix.
It can also cause a VPN error even though you are not using a private network to stream content on Netflix. You should clear your browser cookies and cache to fix the Netflix VPN error.
Method #4: Contact your ISP
The Netflix VPN error can happen even if you are not using a VPN. To fix this problem, contact your Internet Service Provider. Your ISP will diagnose the problem and possibly disable their Domain Name Server rerouting.
Sometimes ISPs use DNS hijacking to collect statistics or display advertisements. Such tactics can cause many problems including IP address conflicts and page redirects.
Method #5: Contact Netflix
If the above steps do not fix the Netflix not working problem, contact Netflix for troubleshooting.
The support team will be in a position of determining why your IP address is linked with a VPN or a proxy server. They will also outline other steps that can help you resolve the problem
Hopefully, our streaming service guide has helped you to fix the Netflix error code m7111-1331-5059.
To avoid this error in the future, avoid using VPNs and proxies when accessing the streaming site. If you like your privacy and still want to use “unblocker” services, sign up with a VPN company that recognizes Netflix.