Streaming media on Netflix is usually a smooth experience on Google Chrome, whether on Windows, Mac, or Linux. However, some users end up getting the error code m7703-1003 and are unable to enjoy the Netflix experience.
There are several methods for solving this error on whichever platform that you are using. In order to help you address this problem, we have compiled a list of probable solutions.
How to resolve error M7703-1003 on Netflix
- Clear Chrome cache
- Change your browser profile
- Reset Chrome settings
- Update Widevine DRM for Google Chrome
Method #1: Clear chrome cache
When using Chrome, it stores information gathered from the websites you visit, including Netflix.com.
If the information stored contradicts your current Netflix profile, the site could stop functioning and instead display the error code M7703-1003.
When this happens, you have to clear the stored data in your browser. Follow these steps to clear cache and cookies from your Chrome browser:
- Open Chrome on your computer browser
- Click More at the top right section of the browser
- Click More tools > Clear browsing data
- Select the time range and check Cookies and other site data and cached images and files
- Click Clear data
Method #2: Change your browser profile
If the above method didn’t work out in your case, you can try switching to a different profile on your Chrome browser. Ensure that you have saved your current settings to your existing Gmail ID to avoid losing them.
Once you have saved your chrome profile,
- Click the profile icon near the top right section of your browser
- Select Manage People
- Click Add Person then add your login details
- Go to Menu > Settings
- Under People, click Turn Off to disable sync
- Log in to your New profile and restart chrome
- Open Netflix and start streaming
Method #3: Reset Chrome settings to default
Resetting Chrome settings to default can solve the Netflix error m7703-1003 code issue if an extension altered your configurations or is hindering Netflix from playing videos. Note that this process won’t delete your bookmarks or passwords.
To reset Chrome to default:
- Open Chrome
- Click More > Settings
- Scroll to the bottom and click Advanced
- Select Reset and Cleanup
- Click Reset settings > Reset Settings
Method #4: Update Widevine for Google Chrome
Netflix relies on Widevine DRM, which is a digital rights management module that is used for encryption and secure license distribution of digital content. The error code m7703-1003 might appear when this module malfunctions or is outdated.
If you suspect this to be the case, follow these steps to check the status of the Widevine Content Decryption Module and fix the issue.
- Type chrome://components/ on the chrome address bar
- Scroll down close to the bottom of the page and find Widevine Content Decryption Module.
- Click Check for update
- Restart your browser
The methods listed above should help you fix the Netflix m7703-1003 error when the service isn’t working on Chrome.
If you have additional questions, solutions, or suggestions about these procedures, let us know in the comments section below. You can also check out our streaming guides, troubleshooting, and reviews or multiple services and devices.