If you are an Amazon Prime member, you can stream selected Amazon Originals titles while outside your home country. However, you’ll realize that you won’t be able to access all titles.
Some users can encounter an error that says the title they are trying to watch or stream is not available in their location. So, why does Amazon prime say this title isn’t available in your location, and how can you fix it?
Whenever you see the Amazon Prime Video not available in your location error, it means you are trying to watch videos that aren’t available in your country. The error can occur if you are using a proxy server or VPN.
If you installed a firewall or antivirus software recently, the problem could also occur. In other cases, the issue will happen after changing your payment method and address.
How to fix Amazon Prime “This title isn’t available in your location” error
You can fix this error using the following methods:
1. Disable your VPN or proxy server
If you are accessing Amazon Prime Video using a VPN or proxy server, disable it and try again. A VPN connection encrypts and secures your network traffic and masks your location.
A proxy server acts as a gateway to allow you to surf the web anonymously and manage, circumvent, or bypass Amazon Prime’s restrictions.
If you have set your VPN to connect automatically to the fastest server, it may have connected to a location that is not sported by Amazon Prime. In that case, disable it or use a different server and try again.
2. Download titles on Amazon Prime
If you are using a compatible device, you can download titles in a supported location to watch offline anywhere in the world. This option assumes you are planning to travel to a different country.
Here is what to do:
- Open the Amazon Video app on your mobile or tablet.
- Sign in to your Amazon account.
- Search for the Prime movie or TV show you want to download.
- Select the movie or TV show.
- Tap on the download icon next to the video or episode to begin downloading.
After the video finishes downloading, your movie or TV episode is ready for you to watch offline.
Note the following:
- If you are using an iOS device, tap on the Downloads tab in the bottom navigation menu then select the title you want to watch.
- If you are using an Android device, tap on the Your Downloads option in the left navigation menu then select the title you want to watch.
The same procedure for Android applies to Amazon Fire devices.
3. Check restrictions for people living in the United Kingdom
Before the United Kingdom left the European Union, customers traveling to other EU countries had access to the same titles in the UK.
But after BREXIT, it means UK members cannot access some titles if they travel to other EU countries.
The best option is to download movies or TV shows and watch them offline. Alternatively, they can use a working VPN to stream content.
Note that most streaming service providers don’t condone the use of VPNs. Therefore, it’s better to go through their rules first.
4. Change your location on Amazon Prime
You can change your location on Amazon Prime to fix the error.
Here is what to do:
- Go to Manage Your Content and Devices
- Click the Preferences tab.
- Click Change under Country Settings.
- Select or enter your current address.
- Click Update.
Follow the onscreen prompts to understand what will happen if you transfer accounts or change locations. When ready, select the option to transfer your account to complete the process.
5. Deregister your device from Amazon Prime
You may be getting the error because you are not using the correct account. Try to deregister your device from Amazon Prime and see whether the option works.
Here is how:
- Go to your Amazon Video Settings.
- Find your device under Registered Devices
- Click the Deregister option next to it.
Next, register a device from Amazon Video as follows:
- Download and install the Prime Video app.
- Open the app.
- Register your device by selecting Sign in and Start Watching.
- Enter your Amazon account information.
- Alternatively, select Register on the Amazon website.
- You will get a code to enter.
- Go to amazon.com/mytv and sign in with your account.
- Enter the code.
Try opening the video again and see whether you will stream the inaccessible titles.
You can fix location errors on Amazon Prime by ensuring you are streaming titles from supported countries.
A better option is to download videos in advance to watch later offline anywhere in the world. Also, you can try to change your location or deregister your device and register it again.