Disney Plus is one of the leading entertainment destinations for movies, TV shows, and kids’ content. You can watch thousands of collections and stream videos from top channels like National Geographic.
The streaming service also has lots of films from the Marvel Universe and Star Wars. As a user, you can watch Disney Plus on TV or a smartphone.
But the best experience is on TV. Before you can connect Disney Plus to TV, the first thing you should do is subscribe to the service.
In the US, the service costs $6.99 per month or $69.99 per year. You can also get it as a bundle with Hulu and ESPN. When you sign up, you’ll be able to get access to all the streaming titles available on the platform without ads.
You also have the option of starting a seven-day trial for free. Once you become a subscriber, the next step is to get the service on your Smart TV.
How to get Disney+ on your Smart TV
Disney+ is available on some of the latest Smart TVs as a built-in app. That includes LG, Samsung, Sony, Roku, and more. But some Smart TVs do not come with an in-built application.
That means you will either have to download it from the app store, use a different device, or upgrade your TV. The following is how to access Disney Plus on different Smart TVs.
How to get Disney Plus on Samsung Smart TV
The streaming service is available on all Samsung Smart TVs manufactured since 2016. If you are using Samsung TV, follow the procedure below to get Disney+.
- Go to Apps on the Home Screen
- Select the Search button using your remote. It appears as a magnifying glass on the screen
- Type the words Disney+
- The search results will display the channel
- Highlight the channel and select Enter
- Select Disney+ and tap on Install
After installing the application, open it, log in to your account, and follow the instructions on how to set up the service.
How to get Disney Plus on LG TV
If you are using an LG TV, you can watch endless entertainment, including Disney Classics and lots of content from Star Wars and Marvel Studios.
The streaming service is compatible with most LG TVs manufactured from 2016.
These also include 4K UHD, OLED, and FHD/HD LED TVs. Follow the steps below to get the Disney Plus LG Smart TV app and start watching movies and TV shows.
- Connect your LG TV to the internet via a wireless or Ethernet connection
- Using your LG remote control, press the Home Menu
- Select LG Content Store
- In the Search box, type the words Disney Plus and press Enter or Okay
- Go through the app categories and select Disney+
- After selecting the channel, select Install
- After installing the app, open it
Once you open, log in to your Disney+ account using a username and a password. If successful, you can start watching or streaming any TV series or movie you want.
You also have the option of adding the channel to your list of favorite apps.
Get Disney Plus on Android TV
If you are using an Android operating system, it will be easier for you to get Disney Plus on Smart TV using the following methods:
- Press the Home button on your remote
- Open the Google Play Store
- Search for Disney Plus app
- Once you find it, select Install
- After the installation, launch the app
You will need to log in first before you can proceed. Understand that Disney+ only works on Android 5.0 and above.
Therefore, you may have to upgrade if you are running any OS lower than 5.0. The steps above will work for devices such as Sony, Xiaomi, Hisense, and any Smart TV that runs the Android OS.
Get Disney Plus on Roku TV
To start using Disney+ on your Roku device, the following is what you should do:
- Go to Roku Home Screen
- Select Streaming Channels
- Tap on Search Channels
- Type in Disney Plus
- In the search results, highlight and select Disney Plus
- Tap on Add Channel
- Go to your Roku Home Screen
- Open Disney+
You will have to log in to your Disney Plus account to continue watching any content.
How to get Disney Plus on your TV if it is not compatible
If you have an incompatible device, it means you cannot download Disney Plus on Smart TV. However, you can use other devices to access the streaming service.
For example, you can use Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, HDMI connection, and more. Here are ways of getting around that problem:
Install the app via Amazon Fire Stick
If you are using Amazon Fire Stick, follow the steps below:
- Go to Fire Stick Home Screen
- Select Search or the magnifying glass icon
- Type in Disney Plus from the on-screen keyboard
- Highlight Disney Plus once you find the app
- Select the app
- Choose Get or Download
- Wait for the application to download and install
- Select Open
After opening the app, log in to your Disney+ account and enjoy your favorite shows.
Watch through an HDMI connection
If your TV is not compatible with Disney Plus, you can access the streaming service via an HDMI connection.
You will need a computer which you will then have to connect to your TV over an HDMI port. Here is how:
- Connect your computer to your PC using an HDMI cable
- Switch your TV to the correct HDMI input
- You will see content appearing on the TV
If your device supports HDMI output, an adapter may be necessary to come in between the HDMI cable and your device. An example of an adapter you can use is the USB-C to HDMI converter.
Watch Disney Plus on Apple TV
For Apple TV 4th generation devices and newer models, follow the steps below:
- Go to Apple TV Home Screen
- Locate the App Store
- Use the search box and type in Disney Plus
- After finding the app, select Get
- Wait for the app to download and install
- After the installation, open Disney+
Sign in to your streaming account or sign up to create a new one and start enjoying entertaining content.
For older Apple TV models, your option of watching Disney Plus is as follows:
- Use your iOS device to access iTunes
- Find and download the Disney+ mobile application
- Install the app
- Open the app and sign in to your Disney+ account
- Connect the iOS device to the same network as your old Apple TV
Your next step is to cast movies from the iOS device to your Apple TV using AirPlay.
If you want to know how to stream Disney Plus, all you have to do is to subscribe to the service and install its app on your Smart TV.
But since not all Smart TVs are compatible, your other options include connecting via an HDMI cable, using Amazon Fire Stick, or Apple TV. Most Smart TV models manufactured before 2016 may not work well for Disney Plus.