LG Smart TV allows you to install different apps for different functions. For example, you can install streaming apps to access movies and TV shows.
But during normal use, you may encounter several LG smart TV apps not working. Problems can range from failure to install the app to the inability to run previously installed applications.
When that happens, you need a quick solution for fixing the issue. There are several ways of fixing LG Smart TV apps that are not working.
Here is a look at some of them.
How to fix LG smart TV apps not working issue
If the LG smart TV apps keep crashing, aren’t opening, won’t load, or aren’t responding, try out the following steps:
#1. LG apps are not working
The most common problem most people face is the inability to run apps. These may include YouTube, Netflix, among others. You can fix the issue by:
- Checking network connections: LG Content Store apps may not run if there are network issues to which you have connected your Smart TV. Fix the issue by ensuring either Wi-Fi or wired connections are on. If you do not have network issues, delete and install the app again.
- Checking your region settings: In some cases, LG won’t load apps because of your Smart TV’s region settings. The problem mostly occurs with premium applications such as Netflix and YouTube. If you are trying to access an app while in the wrong region, authentications within the app and the Content Store will fail.
Therefore, go to Region Settings on WebOS and change your location.
#2. I can’t install apps
You can only install apps on the Smart TV from the LG Content Store. You may be unable to install them because they are unavailable in the store.
In that case, consider changing your service country.
Network settings can also prevent you from installing apps. You must have a Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection to be able to install some apps.
You are also unable to install apps because your TV model does not support them.
As per LGE internal policy, premium apps and contents provided in the Smart TV may differ by device model and country.
#3. Unable to run previously installed apps
You may have no problem accessing the Content Store. If you have installed new apps, these will run as they should.
But if you cannot run previously installed apps, you need to update apps on LG Smart TV.
A previously installed app may not run if it is not up to date. Updating it will give you a fresh copy that comes with the latest features, security, and functionality.
If you are using an updated app and you are unable to run it, delete and install it again.
#4. Fix LG Content Store is not working
The LG Content Store may not work when trying to access specific apps. If you are experiencing the problem, you can fix it by:
- Changing the DNS to 188.8.131.52 on the TV and connecting to the router
- Hard reboot your TV
You can hard reboot your TV by unplugging it and locating the power button. Press the button for about 20 seconds and wait for a minute. Plug your TV back again and try accessing the Content Store.
#5. The apps keep freezing
An app you were using before can freeze when you are in the middle of using it. A great example is YouTube. The application can freeze when watching your third or fourth video. Luckily, there are ways of fixing it.
- Update the app: Freezes happen if you have not updated your applications. Therefore, update the apps to continue enjoying normal services.
- Check your firmware: All applications on Smart TV are installed on top of the firmware. However, they get their updates separately. If you have updated the app, but not the firmware, you will encounter problems.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app: In some cases, an app’s files or caches can become corrupt. Deleting the application will remove all the associated files. Once you reset the app on LG Smart TV, reinstall it and try again.
#6. Apps are not available on the LG content store
If an app is not available on LG Content Store, it could mean you are trying to access it from an unknown location. You should change your location settings to access it.
Also, it may be unavailable because the Smart TV does not support it. Therefore, upgrade your TV or update its firmware.
You can troubleshoot many LG smart TV apps not working problems by knowing their root causes.
If you try every solution and you fail, consider performing a factory reset on your TV. Should that fail also, the best option would be to contact the LG support team.