Disney Plus is a great platform that allows you to watch a range of content, wherever you are. However, like many others, the streaming platform is not immune to problems.
One of the most common issues that may cause Disney Plus not to work is error code 14. If you have just encountered this error on your TV screen, here’s how to fix it.
Why does this error occur?
Error code 14 occurs on Disney Plus when you are unable to login due to issues such as:
- You are entering the wrong email or password
- You have entered the right password but with the wrong cases
- An account that is not active
- Corrupted cookie or cache data
- A temporary bug with your web browser
- A temporary bug with your app
- Too many devices are logged in to your account
Top fixes for the Disney Plus error code 14 (login issues)
Try out each of these working solutions one by one until you fix the issue:
1. Make sure you enter the login details
The first thing that you need to do when Disney Plus displays error code 14 is to double-check that you have entered the correct email address and password.
Sometimes, the streaming service will display an error instead of an invalid login message.
While confirming the password, make sure to also check for the right cases. This is because passwords are case-sensitive.
2. Change the password
Still unable to log in? You might have forgotten your password, or even changed it accidentally.
Fortunately, it is possible to recover your login details. To do this:
- Launch the Disney Plus app or go to disneyplus.com on your computer browser
- Navigate to the login screen/page and select the “Forgot Password” option
- Disney will send a password reset link to your email
- Use it to create a new password
With the new password set, go to your PC browser or Disney Plus app and try to log in again.
3. Activate your account first (for first-time users)
Are you a first-time user? The Disney plus not working: error 14 code can occur if your account is not active.
Therefore, the first thing to do is to activate it using the activation link that is sent to your email address after signing up.
4. Clear cookie and cached data
Corrupted cookie and cached data are another common reason for Disney + error 14. Clearing them can thus fix the issue for you.
If using a computer, simply go to the settings menu on your browser and delete the browsing data (including cookies and cache). If using the Disney Plus app, delete the cache on your phone or other streaming devices.
5. Re-install your Disney Plus app
Another reason for error code 14 on Disney Plus is if the app has been corrupted. In such a case, it is best to delete it and re-install it.
Go to your smartphone or streaming device you are using and delete the app, then install a fresh and up-to-date app. After installing, launch it and try streaming.
6. Sign in with another device
The streaming device you are using could also be the issue if you are still getting the error 14 code. A simple fix is to use other supported devices.
Examples include PC web browsers, smartphones, tablets, and iPads. You can also watch on Smart TVs, Gaming consoles, and other devices such as Roku, Chromecast, Amazon Fire, and others.
Having issues logging into Disney Plus? There are several reasons for this problem, even if you have entered the right password.
Luckily, the above solutions can help you to fix error 14 on Disney Plus, thus restoring your viewing. However, if the issue persists, you can contact the Disney Plus customer support center for more troubleshooting help.