Pandora is one of the most popular music streaming platforms. Unlike its competition, which requires you to select individual tracks or playlists, Pandora selects songs, albums, and podcasts for the user based on their preferences.
The app’s unique approach to the streaming industry has amassed the company a vast fan base. As much as Pandora tries to give its subscribers a pleasant experience, problems are bound to occur.
Most of these issues can be solved in a minute without you having to call customer care, while others require a little bit of guidance. Whichever Pandora error code you may encounter, below are easy to follow solutions.
1. Pandora app waiting for connection
This is the most common glitch amongst subscribers who use Wi-Fi to access the service. Typically, your phone comes equipped with an antenna that helps it connect to the Wi-Fi router.
If this antenna becomes faulty, your Pandora app will keep telling you it’s waiting for a connection. To verify if this is the case;
- Go to setting, then to the Wi-Fi icon and turn it off
- Give it a few minutes, then turn it on again and try opening the app.
- If it doesn’t work, try resetting the network connections of your device. This action will erase any prior VPN, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi connections.
- Enter the passwords afresh then check if the Pandora app is still glitching.
If, after the above steps, you still cannot connect to Pandora; Then, the problem may be with your Wi-Fi connection and not with the app. When the Wi-Fi signal fluctuates or is very low, the app will not be able to connect.
- To verify, try connecting to another network, which is seemingly more reliable.
- If the problem persists, log out of the app and login again.
However, if the issue lies with the antenna, you will need to visit an iPhone repair technician to replace it.
2. Pandora app is not working on the iPhone
Little to nothing cannot be solved by restarting your iPhone. So if your Pandora app won’t load or refuse to connect, you need to restart your phone, and the glitch might disappear.
This is mainly because restarting your phone gives all the apps, and the software included a chance to reset.
Here is how you do it;
- Hold the power button for at least three seconds.
- A slider will appear on the screen. Swipe the red icon side to the left to power off your device.
- Let your iPhone device remain off for two minutes or so before switching the device on again.
- To power on, all you need to do is press the power button until an Apple logo appears on the screen.
Open the Pandora app as it should be working well by now. If not, try the troubleshooting procedure outlined in the next point.
3. Pandora app won’t open, is not responding, keeps crashing, buffering
If you have tried restarting your device and fixing your Wi-Fi yet the Pandora app is still experiencing glitches, you may need to troubleshoot.
- First, you need clear all the app data; Press the menu icon on the phone screen (not the app)
- Go to settings- then tap the app’s icon- Scroll till you see Pandora app then touch it
- It will give you the option to either force stop, disable, uninstall, or clear app data from storage. Tap Clear data from storage.
- Go back to your phone’s home screen and log back into the Pandora app; it should be working fine.
If you are still experiencing issues, try the following;
- Suppose you have an external memory or SD card, ensure Pandora is stored in your phone’s local memory. The app is not at its peak performance if stored in external devices.
- If you usually use the battery optimization tool, ensure you exempt the Pandora app or disable the feature entirely until your app is running.
- You could also try lowering your audio quality settings. To do this; Go to the Pandora homepage- tap on the profile icon-select settings- Then click on the sound icon and uncheck the box written high-quality audio.
Fixed an issue you have encountered on Pandora?
The above solutions should work for any minor glitches that you may encounter if your Pandora app is not working. If you have tried them yet, the glitches continue, try updating the app as some updates come with fixes for some of the prevalent issues.
Also, your problem may be somewhat personal, and if so, Pandora’s customer care will be more than willing to help.