Can you cast Apple TV to Chromecast? Yes, you can Apple TV content from your PC directly to Chromecast on another device.
However, it is worth noting that it isn’t possible to cast Apple TV to Chromecast from iPhone or an iPad. In this case, you will have to use AirPlay.
But before you cast, you need to have the following:
- An Apple TV account.
- A PC with Google Chrome installed.
- A Chromecast-enabled TV or a Chromecast dongle.
How to cast Apple TV to Chromecast
- Switch on your TV and choose the mode with the input source as Chromecast.
- On your laptop, PC, or Mac and head to tv.apple.com. Then log in with your account details.
- Click the TV show or video you would like to cast to Chromecast on your TV.
- Click anywhere on the screen to pause the video when it starts playing.
- Right-click on your screen and select Cast. Alternatively, click on Settings, then Cast.
- Click the Sources tab and choose the Cast tab.
- Select your Chromecast device from the list.
Once Apple TV connects to your Chromecast, it will automatically cast the show you had selected earlier.
How to cast Apple TV from iPhone?
Apple’s AirPlay protocol enables you to easily mirror Apple TV content from your iPhone or iPad to a TV.
The feature allows you to replay videos you recorded on your iPhone, display a photo library or even present your slideshow.
With Airplay, you can stream your entire screen on Apple TV or narrow it down to a specific video from your apps. It will work with third-party apps to stream media, including movies, podcasts, TV shows, and many more, from your streaming service to your TV.
Here is how you can cast Apple TV from your iPhone.
Step 1: Ensure your iPhone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the Apple TV.
Step 2: For iPhone X or newer versions, swipe down to locate Control Center; for older versions, you will need to swipe up to find the Control Center.
Step 3: Tap the screen mirroring icon, which resembles two overlapping buttons.
Step 4: Choose the Apple TV from the list.
Step 5: On your iPhone device, key in the 4-digit code displayed on your TV.
Can you Chromecast Apple TV from iPad to smart TV?
With a Chromecast-enabled device, you can watch Apple TV’s videos and shows from the iPad on your Smart TV. The process is as follows;
- Connect your Chromecast and iPad to the same wireless network.
- Launch the Google TV app on your iPad.
- Tap Library, then TV Shows or Movies.
- Select the show or the movie you want to watch.
- Then tap the Cast icon.
- Select your Chromecast from the list.
- Tap Play on your iPad.
Remember that the Apple app does not support Chromecast, which uses the Google cast protocol. Instead, the Apple app supports the AirPlay feature, a similar but different type of protocol built into mobile device operating systems.
This is why users often report that the Apple TV app is not showing on Chromecast.