Amazon allows you to listen to music across different devices as long as you have an active subscription. But can you access Amazon Music on Roku?
You can listen to Amazon Music on Roku devices. First, you have to add the Amazon Music channel to your Roku and link your account with an activation code.
After activation, you can use the Roku channel to find and play the music you love and enjoy a curated catalog of songs, playlists, and stations.
Not only will you stream the content without ads, but you can also save it for offline listening.
How to activate Amazon Music on Roku
Before you can start listening to music on Amazon Music on your Roku, you need to download the channel on your device and then activate it.
Follow the steps below:
- Select Streaming Channels from your Roku home screen
- Search for Amazon Music
- Select Add Channel
- Launch Amazon Music channel
- Select Register or Get Started
- A 5-digit code will display on your screen.
- Go to amazon.com/code on a computer or mobile device.
- Enter the 5-digit code.
If the code is correct, the music channel will automatically refresh on your Roku. You can now search and listen to your favorite songs.
Why Amazon Music won’t play on Roku
Once you add the channel to Roku, you should be able to play music immediately.
But if you are finding challenges with synching music, for example, here is what you can do to fix the issue:
- Open the Amazon Music channel on your Roku
- Select Settings
- Select Refresh My Music
After refreshing My Music, it should sync and allow you to play your favorite songs.
You may encounter an issue whereby songs keep pausing, buffering, or not playing when trying to stream Amazon Music. This mostly occurs if your internet speed is not fast enough.
Other ways to troubleshoot such streaming issues include:
- Confirm that you have connected your Roku device to a Wi-Fi network.
- Confirm that your device supports a higher playback or 16-bit/44.1kHz.
Note that Amazon Music may not play if you are trying to access 3D audio on Roku. The service is only available on the Amazon Echo Studio device.
Another reason is that you are using an unsupported device. The only models that support Amazon Music app are:
- All latest models of Roku players support Amazon Music, including the Roku Express, Ultra, and Streaming Stick.
- Roku 3 and various Roku 2 models.
The channel will not work if you use Roku classic models N1000, N1050, N1100, N1101, 2000, 2050, and 2100.
How to cast Amazon Music using Android
You can download the standalone channel on your Roku. But you can also stream it using your Android mobile or tablet.
The option requires you to have both your devices (Android and Roku) on the same Wi-Fi network.
Follow these steps:
- Launch Amazon Music on your Android device
- Tap on the Cast icon.
- You will see all the nearby devices connected to your Wi-Fi network.
- Select your Roku device
You should see the Amazon Music screen on the TV screen.
You can get Amazon Music by downloading the app from Roku’s Channel Store.
Alternatively, you can use your Android device to cast Amazon Music on your Roku. However, both devices must be on the same Wi-Fi network.
If you want to enjoy uninterrupted streaming, ensure you have a strong internet connection.