Are you looking to activate MTV on your viewing device? You’re in the right place. One of the top entertainment channels, MTV offers a wide variety of content that will keep you glued to your screen.
From captivating TV series, latest music videos, celebrity news and gossip, and youth entertainment content, you can find it all on the network.
What’s even better is the fact that you can watch MTV on several devices, from Roku, Amazon Fire, Apple TV, and more.
Step-by-step guide: How to activate MTV on different streaming devices
Before you can access the channel’s content, you need to first activate it. Below is a look at how to do it on various viewing devices.
MTV is a free channel on Roku and thus makes for a great addition to your entertainment content on the streaming platform.
Follow these steps to activate it:
- Power on your TV and Roku streaming device, then ensure you are connected to a reliable Wi-Fi network.
- Go to the Roku channel store and find the MTV channel (under Movies & TV, or you can search for it in the search bar).
- Add the channel to your streaming device and finish the installation process.
- Go back to your home screen and launch MTV from the list of installed channels.
- An activation code will appear on the screen; note it down.
- Go to mtv.com/activate and enter the device activation.
- Follow the instructions on the screen and complete the activation process. Note: you will need a participating TV provider for this.
Once you have finished activating MTV on Roku, you are free to enjoy all the content offered. Simply go back to your Roku streaming device, launch the channel, and find great shows and programs.
Amazon Fire Stick
To install the MTV app on your Amazon Fire Stick:
- Go to the Home screen of your Amazon Fire device and select the search menu.
- Search for the MTV app from the app store and click on “Get” or “Download” to install it on your device.
- Launch the app on your Fire Stick, then choose your TV provider. An activation code will then appear on your screen. Write down the code.
- Go to mtv.com/activate on your PC or smart mobile device, enter the activation code, and then click continue.
- Sign in to your MTV account with your TV provider credentials to complete the activation process
With MTV activated on your Fire Stick, you can now start streaming your favorite shows from the channel’s library.
MTV is also available on the Apple TV streaming platform. Below are guidelines on how to activate the channel:
- From your Apple TV home screen, navigate to the App Store.
- Use the search bar to find the MTV app. Download and install it on your streaming device.
- Go back to the home screen and launch the installed MTV app
- Log in with your MTV credentials if prompted. An activation code will then appear on your screen. Write it down.
- Go to mtv.com/activate and enter the code.
- Choose your TV provider and log in with your (provider’s) credentials then proceed to complete the activation process.
With the MTV app activated, you can access all of the app’s content on your Apple TV streaming device.
Can you watch MTV without a TV provider?
With the above streaming devices, you will be asked for a supported TV provider to activate the MTV channel. But is there a way to access the channel without one?
Maybe you don’t want to pay for the cost of a TV provider subscription. Or perhaps the sign-in with the TV provider is not working on the MTV activation page, which is a common error.
Or worse, your TV provider is not supported. So what can you do?
Well, some streaming devices can allow you to watch limited content on the MTV app without a TV provider. However, the library will be heavily restricted, and most likely, your favorite shows won’t be available.
The other option is to use another streaming platform that offers MTV as part of its package, without the need for a TV provider. For example, you can watch MTV on Amazon Prime if you have an active Prime Video subscription.
MTV is a popular entertainment channel famous for shows such as Teen Mom, Catfish, Jersey Show, Teen Wolf, and several others.
If you are tired of accessing the channel through cable, you can add it to your streaming device and activate it with the steps above. This way, you will add the channel’s content to your streaming platform’s library, improving your entertainment experience.