YouTube offers amazing ways to watch videos online and offline. One of their most recent developments is the YouTube TV app.
The app allows you to stream videos without necessarily connecting to another computer. The app has different versions depending on the platform you desire to use.
The new build is compatible with consoles such as PlayStation, Xbox, and Smart TVs. All the above devices have their own unique ways of setting up and activating YouTube.
Before starting to link your tv you will need a mobile phone or computer to help activate the new platform.
Below are the procedures on how to launch YouTube on TV.
How to setup YouTube on smart TV
- Sign up for YouTube TV on your phone or computer, then install the app on your smart TV
- Select the home button on your TV remote control.
- On the app, the menu finds the YouTube app. Move to your home screen for easy access.
- Ensure you constantly update your firmware to have the latest version of the app.
- Launch the app and sign in with the account created (step 1 above)
- Enter the code given on your mobile. You can go to youtube.com/activate for the activation code.
- Once you have activated, you can now watch YouTube on your Smart TV.
How to activate YouTube on Xbox one or Roku device
- Launch YouTube app on Xbox and go to sign in and setting
- Select sign-in and press x on your controller.
- A code will be displayed. Write it down.
- Open a browser on your phone or computer and go to com/activate.
- Sign in to your account
- Enter the code on your TV screen on the browser prompt.
- Click Allow Access to activate YouTube on your Xbox one.
Other devices such as Amazon Firestick do not have the app available. In such cases users, you can use a third-party source to get YouTube.
This is however a risky process that requires you to change your security credentials. This makes it risky to activate YouTube on Amazon Fire TV.
In this event, it is better to use Chromecast to mirror YouTube to your TV.