If you are a fan of History Channel, you have plenty of options of watching it without subscribing to any monthly services. You can watch it on Roku, Apple TV, and Fire TV.
For Roku users, you must first activate History Channel on Roku to stream shows. The same case applies if you are using Apple TV or Fire TV.
How to activate the History Channel on Roku
Follow this guide to activate History on Roku.
- Go to history.com/activate
- Select your device from the options provided. Choose Roku, in this case.
- Select your TV provider from the list.
- If you cannot see your provider, click on “More Providers” to open a drop-down list.
- Enter your activation code
If you are a Roku user, you must have already provided your contact information when you registered with the service. If the registration was successful, Roku sent you an activation code.
That code is yours for linking your Roku with your account. You need the code to activate every channel, including History Channel.
After entering the activation code on history.com/authorize, click Continue. The link will take you to verify your subscription by visiting your provider’s (Roku) website.
From here, you need to add History to your channels on Roku.
- Go to Roku Channel Store on your TV
- Search History and select it
- Highlight the channel and tap Add
- Enter your PIN. It is the same number you generated at the time of activating your device
- Confirm your selection by tapping Add Channel
You should see the History Channel on your home screen. By adding to Roku, you will be able to watch History Channel without cable.
That means you can use Roku to stream History online.
How to add History Channel on Firestick
If you have a Fire TV stick, you can watch the History Channel by following the steps below.
- Go to your Fire TV
- Navigate to the Apps section
- Choose Entertainment Category
- Select History
After the selection, you should view the channel on your Fire TV.
Activate History Channel on Apple TV
If you are using Apple TV, you can stream History Channel by following the steps below.
- On the home screen, browse the app
- Search History in the TV and Movies section
- Select History
The option will add the channel to your Apple TV, and you should start watching its programs.
If you can’t activate History Channel, you will have to contact your TV provider to determine whether they support the channel on your specific unit.
The History Channel allows you to watch full clips and episodes of shows about ancient happenings.
Once you activate History Channel on Roku, you will be able to create customized watch lists of your favorite shows. You will also view exclusive clips from shows that you have never seen on television.