Are you searching for a streaming service that offers you the best entertainment content? Showtime Anytime is one of those streams with some of the most popular movies and shows.
Introduced in 2010, the streaming entertainment service is part of CBS’s Showtime premium satellite and cable network.
The service provides users with instant access to the latest TV shows, trending movies, sports content, comedy specials, and a range of other content.
The best part about Showtime is that it is available on several devices. Therefore, wherever you are, and with whatever device you are using, you can enjoy your favorite content.
However, to start streaming, you must activate the streaming service manually on the device.
Below, we have compiled information on how you can activate the service on various devices, as well as some of the challenges you might face and their solutions.
What do you need to activate Showtime on your device?
To start enjoying the service, there are a number of items that are required:
- A device that supports the streaming service. Currently supported devices include: Amazon Fire devices, Apple TV, Roku, Xbox One, Android and iOS devices, and smart TVs.
- An active Showtime subscription or a subscription through an eligible provider. If you don’t have an account, signup here for a 30-day free trial.
- An account, whose login details you will use to activate the viewing device(s).
To create your Showtime account:
- Go to the sign up page
- Click on the “Create new account” button on the page
- Select your cable or satellite provider, if available
- Complete your profile to create the account
How to activate Showtime Anytime
Once you have created an account, you can now activate your device and start streaming the content.
Below is a look at the activation processes of various supported devices:
To activate the service on Roku:
- Download the service’s channel on your device and launch it
- Pick the activate option and select a TV service provider
- Save the Showtime Anytime activation code that appears on the screen
- Go to the showtimeanytime.com/activate and enter the code, submit and start streaming
To activate the service on Amazon Firestick or other Amazon Fire devices:
- Download the service’s app from the Amazon Appstore onto the device
- Launch the application and select the activate option
- Pick a cable or satellite, TV provider. An activation code will be displayed on the screen.
- Write down the activation code and go to showtimeanytime.com/activate.
- Follow the activation instructions for the device, then enter the code and click submit
To activate the service on Apple TV:
- Install the Showtime Anytime channel/app on the TV
- Launch the app, select a program (movie or TV show) to watch, and press the “activate” option
- Select a cable or satellite provider. An activation code will then be displayed on your TV screen.
- Go to showtimeanytime.com/activate and enter the Apple TV activation code to start watching your desired programs.
Note: you can also enable Showtime Anytime on other TV devices using the same process, provided they support the service’s channel/app.
To activate the service on Xbox:
- Go to the Showtime Anytime channel on the device
- On the menu section, select either the “Activate” or “Play” option
- Select a TV service provider. An activation code will appear on the device’s screen. Write it down.
- Go to showtimeanytime.com/activate and follow the instructions for the device
- Enter the activation code to start the service and start watching content on your Xbox one
Android or iOS
Aside from these viewing devices, you can also stream content on your mobile device. Below is a look at how to activate Showtime Anytime from your phone:
- Download the Showtime app from PlayStore or Apple App Store
- Launch the application, pick a video to play, and select “Activate”
- Select a cable TV provider. An activation code will appear on the screen.
- Go to showtimeanytime.com/activate and follow the instructions
- Enter the activation code and submit to start watching content on a mobile device
Showtime Anytime activation issues
Showtime activation is a simple process that should, ideally, not have any problems.
However, from time to time, you might find that Showtime anytime is not activating when you enter and submit the activation code.
These are some of the common causes and their fixes:
- Your cable or satellite provider is not eligible – if the TV service provider is not on the eligible list of providers, you will not be able to activate the service. To fix this, you need to purchase a subscription with an eligible provider.
- A bug or outdated app/channel – if you can’t activate Showtime on your device, the problem might be from the service’s app or channel. Simply log out of your Showtime account, remove the app/channel, turn off the viewing device, download and reinstall the app/channel and then proceed to activate the service
- Problem with the viewing device’s service providers – devices that you use to watch Showtime Anytime are from third parties, and thus vulnerable to third-party compatibility problems. Therefore, if you are having problems activating your device, the problem might be from the device. Try switching to another device to see if the problem will resolve.
Showtime Anytime is a leading entertainment service provider, which allows you to stream your content from several devices, anytime anywhere.
The above are some of the streaming devices that are currently supported and how to activate the Showtime service on them.
We have also offered you information on some of the common activation issues you might encounter and their fixes.
If the problem persists, you can contact the Showtime Help Centre for more support.