HBO Go offers some of the best shows on TV at the moment. The company created HBO Go, a service that allows you to access your subscription across a number of devices.
This means that your viewership is not just limited to cable access. You can now stream all shows through your Smart TV, iPhone, Android device, tablets, and more.
For you to activate HBO go on Apple TV, there are a few steps to follow. But first, you need an HBO subscription.
If you have already signed up, you can skip to the activation process.
Read Also: How to fix HBO Go if it keeps freezing
How to create an HBO go account
- You can subscribe to a pay-TV in your region and include HBO/ Cinemax pack in your package. Once you have done this you can set up your HBO now account without any extra costs.
- You can log on to HBO.com/order to create a subscription. This is the only way to activate HBO on Apple TV without cable
- Open your browser and go to hbo.com/order
- You can then enter the username and password provided on your subscription
- Fill in the details on the prompt that pops up.
- Now click on sign up
This will create your HBO go account and will guarantee that you are not unable to activate HBO go on your smart TV.
Steps to activate HBO Go on Apple TV
Follow these steps to activate your HBO subscription on Apple TV:
- Download the HBO GO app on your TV. Current versions of Apple TV have the HBO app pre-installed.
- Open the app
- Click on ‘connect your provider account’
- Steps will be provided on how to continue on screen.
- You need a computer or an internet-enabled device. On the device’s browser go to hbogola.com/activate. Alternatively, a QR barcode will be displayed on your TV screen which you can now scan with your phone. While using the QR code method, you need to log in to your HBO go app on the phone before you scan the code. Your Apple TV will automatically be activated once you scan the code. If you can’t connect to HBO Go on Apple TV with the barcode continue with the URL method.
- When using the URL activation method, enter the code displayed on your TV screen on the phone or computer to continue. This will activate the TV account.
- Select a TV provider or details of your subscription provider account.
- Log in and enjoy it.
Hopefully, this guide has helped you to activate HBO on your Apple TV device and that you are now ready to enjoy some of the best shows on the platform.
If you are still encountering issues, let us know in the comment section below.