Does your Hisense Smart TV have a problem that can be solved by resetting? Alternatively, do you want to sell it or give it away? Resetting it back to factory settings is the most recommended option for you.
While Hisense Smart TV may be similar to other Smart TVs in terms of functionalities, the reset processes are slightly different. To factory reset Hisense Smart TV —both old and new models — follow these steps.
Resetting procedure for old Hisense Smart TVs
If you own an old model of the Hisense TV and it has greyed out while watching, you should first try to reset it before considering buying a new Smart TV.
In order to reset the Smart TV:
- Press the ‘EXIT’ key on your remote and hold it for at least 15 seconds
- After 15 seconds, the Hisense TV factory service menu will appear
- Click ‘OK’ and turn off the TV
After resetting your Smart TV, it is advisable to wait for 20 seconds before turning it on. This technique only works for 2013 and older models.
How to reset Hisense Smart TVs (from 2014 to latest models)
In order to reset Hisense TV (new models), you will need an original remote control. While generic remote controls can work seamlessly on other functions, resetting is different.
Does Hisense TV have a reset button? Unfortunately no. However, to reset Hisense TV using a remote, follow this procedure:
- Press MENU on your Hisense Smart TV remote
- Select ‘Support’ and confirm your selection by clicking ‘Enter.’ Depending on your remote model, the ‘Enter’ key may appear as ‘OK’ key or ‘Select.’
- Click “Self Diagnosis” and confirm by pressing ‘Enter.’
- Select the last option, which is ‘Reset.’
- Enter your security PIN to confirm your request
- Reset your Hisense Smart TV to factory settings
If you have never customized your PIN, the default PIN for all Hisense Smart TVs is 0000. If you changed your account details, and you cannot remember the new PIN, contact Hisense Smart TV representative in your area.
How to reset your Hisense Smart TV without a remote
If your Smart TV does not show any picture, it is impossible to use your remote to reset it. Fortunately, you can do a soft reset through the power cycle. To reset Hisense TV with no picture:
- Disconnect any external hard disc or USB cable
- Turn off your Hisense Smart TV
- Unplug the power cable
- Wait for two (2) minutes before plugging the TV back to power back
- Switch you Smart TV ON
Soft resetting solves system bugs, but it is not the recommended option if you want to sell your Smart TV or give it away — consider the other two options.
In addition, this option works for both old and new Hisense Smart TV models.
When resetting your Hisense Smart TV, it is advisable to pay attention to time. For example, when doing a power cycle, waiting for two minutes before plugging the TV back to power is vital.
Using the original Hisense remote is advisable, regardless of whether your Smart TV is an old model or not.