The Sky TV remote is one of the best remotes in terms of build quality and general functionalities. However, just like other remotes, it can fail.
There is nothing as frustrating as a faulty tv remote. If your Sky TV remote not working, you can either send it to any of the authorized Sky Tv repair dealers or buy a new one.
The two options are expensive, and as a Sky TV customer, you should explore other options first. The following is a step-by-step guide on how to fix Sky TV remote.
However, before following any of these steps, ensure that your TV is connected to the correct HDMI/Video channel or AV.
Solution #1: Check the batteries
Drained batteries can cause your remote to stop functioning. Luckily, checking the status of these batteries isn’t a complex process. Simply:
- Put the batteries in another remote and if they power it, then you need further diagnosis.
- If not, you need to replace the batteries. Ensure to get your new batteries from verified dealers.
In some cases, it is hard to differentiate drained batteries from a dysfunctional remote.
If for example, the Sky remote is not working but the red light is, it is an indication that the batteries are low.
Solution #2: Clean the remote
After confirming that the batteries are functional, the next step is cleaning your remote. Dirt can affect your Sky remote buttons.
However, the following cleaning procedure does not apply to the Sky Q remote.
- First, remove the batteries from your Sky remote
- Using a cotton swab (already soaked in water), clean the buttons carefully.
- Repeat the process to all the places that may have dirt.
- If the volume on Sky remote is not working, open the remote and use a dry cotton swab to clean the circuit board.
While cleaning the Sky remote, you should only use a slightly damp cotton swab to avoid further damage. Here’s a video guide:
Solution #3: Reset the Sky Box and remote
Resetting the Sky Box and remote is technical, but it works. Before resetting the box and the remote, you should first try to connect Sky remote to Sky Box.
If you are unable to sync the two devices, follow the procedure below.
- On your Sky Box, press the on/off button continuously for approximately five seconds.
- After five seconds, the red light will turn green.
- The box will then turn off and reboot.
- Wait another 60 seconds for the Sky Box to take you back to the channel you were viewing before the reboot process.
After resetting the Sky Box, the remote may not work.
In such a case, you need to get in touch with the Sky support team for further assistance.
Fixed the Sky remote not working issue?
The three solutions have worked for most people facing this issue and you do not need to buy a new remote.
If you are still unable to watch your favourite channel, remove all electronics, that can interfere with the remote’s signal reception, near the Sky Box. Contrary to popular belief, most Sky remotes, including Sky Q remote, are repairable.
Did these methods work for you? Do you have an alternate solution? Feel free to let us know in the comments section below.