Willow TV is the most popular broadcaster of all cricket games in the USA and Canada.
The channel is for those who want to watch live and recorded cricket matches and other cricket-related programs, including ICC events and cricket leagues.
Furthermore, the network holds the right to broadcast several cricket boards, such as IPL, WBBL, PSL, BBL, CPL, and others.
Noteworthy, Willow TV is a premium channel that requires you to have a subscription before accessing its content.
A subscription with Willow TV gives you an unparalleled viewing experience. You will enjoy content in HD and get interactive video scorecards and statistics.
Furthermore, you will get live cricket events, replays, and highlights of past matches.
Willow TV is only available in the USA and Canada, where it offers flexible subscription options to allow more users to access its content.
So, how do you sign up, how much does it cost, and what devices does the platform support?
5 facts about Willow TV and whether it is worth subscribing to
These facts cover crucial things that you should expect when you subscribe to Willow TV. Find out how much it costs and whether it is worth your subscription.
1. Which streaming service carries Willow TV?
The only streaming service that carries Willow TV is Sling TV.
Sling TV is an app-based television service that allows users to stream live TV and access on-demand content.
It is a premium service that requires you to subscribe to its channels. However, through the URDU Pack, you can subscribe to a Sling TV account and watch Willow TV for $10 per month.
However, if you want to add more channels to your subscription, you can pay $35 per month.
Sling TV’s Willow Cricket package is better because it gives you unlimited access to Willow and Willow Extra.
You will stream all live cricket games, including TATA IPL, India tour of England, ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2022, etc.
Furthermore, even if you miss a cricket match, Sling TV will still allow you to stream the event later using the Sling Free Catch-up TV feature. You can get a free trial on Sling TV for three days.
2. Willow TV has two subscription options
Willow TV is a premium channel. Therefore, you require a subscription to watch IPL and other top cricket leagues.
You can subscribe to a Willow TV account in two ways – directly from the channel’s website or with a TV provider.
Through a TV provider
USA residents require a TV, telco, or internet subscription to access Willow TV. However, not all cable TV providers carry Willow TV.
You will get Willow TV in the USA through the following providers:
- Dish – Willow TV has two channels on the Dish Network – Willow (channel 712) and Willow HD (channel 9997). Furthermore, Willow TV is part of several packages provided by Dish, including Hindi Mega, Hindi Elite, Urdu Pak Mega, Bangla Mega, Punjabi Mega, Tamil Mosaic, and Telugu packages. Depending on your package, you will have to pay a subscription fee of between $19.99 (Bangla Mega) and $54.99 (Hindi Mega) to access Willow TV on the Dish network.
- Verizon Fios – Willow TV is available as channel 806 on Verizon Fios. You will get Willow TV if you subscribe to the More Fios TV package at $90 per month. The price includes over 300 other channels.
- Spectrum – You require the Spectrum TV Gold package to watch Willow TV. Spectrum TV plans start from $49.99 per month.
- Xfinity – Xfinity offers Willow TV as part of the South Asian TV package. It is available as channel number 3101 (HD) or 3285 (SD). The package costs $14.99 per month when added to a plan.
- Altice One – Willow TV is available as an SD channel 239 or 1171 on Altice One. The package starts from $30 per month. Note that Altice One is also part of Optimum. Therefore, Willow TV is also part of the Hindi Pack and Optimum Sports Pack on Optimum.
- Google Fiber – Willow TV is available as channel 244 on Google Fiber. You can get it by subscribing to the Premium & Sports Package.
With a TV subscription
If you have a subscription with a TV provider, you can log in to Willow TV and access its content as follows:
- Go to willow.tv and click TV Provider at the top-right section of the website.
- Select your TV provider from the list.
- The page will direct your provider’s login page.
- Enter your username and password (the same information you used to create an account with the provider).
After logging in successfully, you will now have access to live streaming, highlights, and replays on Willow TV on any browser. You can also watch the content on a compatible app.
Subscribe to a Willow TV account directly
You do not necessarily require a TV, internet, or telco provider to access Willow TV content on its website. Instead, you can subscribe directly through the website to stream live cricket games.
The subscription costs $9.99 per month or $60 per year. If you are looking to stream in the long run, consider subscribing to the annual plan because it is cheaper in the long term.
However, the monthly plan comes with Gaana+ music, where you get unlimited music downloads, listen to songs in HD, and get an ad-free music experience.
3. You can watch Willow TV on your preferred device
Willow TV is available as an app on many devices. You can access it on your Apple TV, Roku, Smart TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV.
Alternatively, you can stream its content on your mobile device, including Android and iOS devices. The channel is also available on gaming consoles, specifically Xbox One.
4. The Willow TV app offers tons of interactive features
With the Willow TV app, you’ll enjoy live streaming of cricket matches, replays, and exclusive highlights.
It also has many interactive features, including live scores and commentary.
Furthermore, you can use the app to set reminders for your favourite matches, hide scores and match results, and share cricket moments with your friends.
The app is available for iOS and Android devices. In addition, you can download the app from the device’s application store for other devices like Roku, Smart TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Xbox One.
Alternatively, you can use Chromecast to cast Willow TV from your smartphone.
5. Willow TV does not offer a free trial
Before you can live stream on Willow TV, you require a subscription with a TV, telco, or internet provider.
Alternatively, you can access it by subscribing directly from the website. However, both subscriptions do not offer a free trial.
For a free trial, you must subscribe to a Sling TV account to access Willow TV for three days.
Although Willow TV is a premium channel, it also offers free content. You can visit its website to view videos for free, even without a subscription.
The videos cover highlights, news, and replays of the best plays in cricket. You may have to watch ads in some of the free videos.
Willow TV is a premium sports channel dedicated to cricket. It requires a subscription with a participating TV provider to access its content.
But you can also subscribe directly through its site for $9.99 per month or $60 per year. You’ll get Willow TV for free for 3 days if you subscribe through Sling TV where you will be awarded a 3-day free trial.
Willow TV is available for iOS and Android devices, Smart TVs, connected devices, and gaming consoles.