Whenever you are experiencing a problem with your Haier TV, resetting is one of the easiest ways to resolve it.
However, it is worth noting that sometimes it isn’t necessary to reset your Haier TV. Yes. You can fix some of the issues simply by restarting your TV.
But if you’ve tried other easier options and they haven’t worked, a reset could be the solution to the problem. Before delving into the procedure, here are some issues that you can fix through a reset:
- Signal problems
- Picture issues
- Sound issues
- Erratic settings
- Haier TV won’t turn on
Note that you may lose some or all of your data and settings during a reset. Besides, you may be logged out of all streaming apps and Wi-Fi networks.
How to soft reset a Haier TV
Follow this tutorial to hard reset your Haier TV:
- Turn on your TV
- Press the Home button on your remote to open the main menu
- Using the arrow buttons on your remote, scroll down to Settings and click OK
- Select General (or Common in some models) then press OK
- Select System Recovery and press OK. If prompted for a passcode, enter 0000 and press OK.
- Select Recovery and press OK
Once your TV restarts, you will no longer experience issues that were there before. But if this doesn’t solve your problem, then you need to hard reset the TV.
How to factory reset a Haier TV
To reset a Haier TV that is running on Android OS, follow this guide:
- On the main menu, click on Settings
- Scroll down to Device Performance and click on it
- Scroll down to Reset and click to open
- Click Reset
- Select Erase Everything
During the process, your TV will restart. Don’t reboot your TV. Be patient until it erases everything and a prompt appears asking you to set up the TV.
Follow the setup wizard. You should be able to connect to your remote and Wi-Fi network.
For older models
If you are not using a smart TV and option 1 didn’t work for you then try the following:
- Unplug your TV from the power source
- Wait for 1 hour then plug it back in while pressing the power continuously for about 60 seconds. Note that you’ll get the best results by plugging the TV directly into a power source and not through a surge protector.
- Wait for the TV to restart.
The above method is particularly helpful if you want to reset the TV without a remote. However, if you have one, you can do the following:
- Press and hold the menu button for 15 seconds
- Wait for your TV to display an on-screen menu prompting you to key in information such as date and time.
A reset is crucial in Haier TV troubleshooting since it solves some of the most irritating issues. Hopefully, you have found these methods to be useful and your TV is working as it should.