It can be frustrating when your Element TV is not working well. The advantage of having an Element TV is that it is feature-rich and displays videos and pictures in high resolution.
But when a problem occurs, you need to find a solution fast so that you can go back to watching your favorite programs. However, before you can fix an Element TV, the first thing is to determine the cause of the issue.
You can encounter different problems with your Element TV. For example, you may see a picture but no sound, the remote control fails to work, or you get no signal after powering up the device.
Before you can contact Element TV support, consider performing some checks. The following are examples of issues you may come across with your device and how to troubleshoot or fix them.
How to reset Element TV without remote
You can perform a hard reset of your Element TV without a remote by following the steps below:
- Unplug the TV from the AC mains wall socket.
- Wait for a couple of minutes.
- Plug the power cord back in.
Once done, press the power button on the TV to continue watching content.
Troubleshooting Element TV won’t turn on
If you cannot turn your Element TV on, consider the following troubleshooting steps:
- Check whether the TV is getting enough power.
- Check connections to the TV’s AC socket to ensure they are not loose.
- Check that you have plugged the power cords firmly into the back of the TV.
- If you do not see the LED lit white, your TV could be in standby mode.
- When in standby mode, press either the Standby button or the Power button on the remote.
If the above does not work, consider contacting support services for further assistance.
Note that some Element TV models have a power switch on the side of the device. Ensure it is in the ON position when powering it up using a remote.
Troubleshoot Element TV doesn’t show a picture
You can troubleshoot picture issues on your Element TV in different ways:
1. Blue screen
If you see a blue screen, it means the TV is not getting any signal, or you have selected an incorrect source. Troubleshoot this issue by pressing the SOURCE button on your remote to select the correct input.
Another solution is to reset all your connections:
- Unplug the power cable from the TV and wall outlet.
- Unplug the HDMI cable from the TV and media player.
- Plug them back in firmly.
The steps will reset the connections and fix the issue.
2. Noisy, snowy, ghosting picture (TV)
The issue occurs if you have a weak antenna signal. If you are using an indoor antenna, consider adjusting its position. Also, check antenna connections to ensure they are not loose.
3. Pictures appear slowly after switching on the TV
When the picture appears slowly after powering up the device, it means the booting process muted the image. In most cases, this is not a problem for concern.
However, consider contacting a service provider if the picture fails to appear after five minutes.
Fix the Element TV remote is not working
When the remote is not working, troubleshoot the issue as follows:
- Remove any objects between the remote control and TV causing obstructions.
- Check whether you have installed the batteries with the corresponding polarity (+/-).
- Check if the batteries have enough power or consider installing new ones.
- Ensure you have set the correct remote operating mode.
- Check whether you have plugged the TV into the wall outlet.
Another option is to reset the remote. Start by removing and reinserting the batteries. Then, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.
Solutions to Element TV audio problems
Audio problems on Element TV can occur in different ways. Some of these include:
- Mute sound: Correct this issue by turning the sound Mute on your remote off.
- Low volume: Check the volume settings to ensure you have not set them to zero.
- A picture with no sound: Check all the cables to ensure you have connected them firmly to your TV and your external AV source. Once done, make sure the video input matches the sound output.
You can also try another channel because there may be an issue with the broadcast.
Fix: Element TV advanced settings greyed out
When your Element TV has greyed out, you cannot unlock it to access the advanced settings. Here is what you can do:
1. Change the source mode
If you are using an incorrect source mode, consider changing it and try again.
- Press SOURCE on your remote.
- Use the arrow buttons to go through the various input sources (TV/AV/COMPONENT/ HDMI/VGA/USB).
- Highlight the desired input source and press OK to confirm.
Try accessing the advanced setting while on a different input source.
2. Factory reset your device
The solution will erase all your saved settings and preferences.
- Press Menu on the remote.
- Go to TV Settings.
- Select General.
- Select Restore Default.
Allow your TV to reset to its factory settings.
Also, go to the Lock Menu and enter the default passcode of 0000 or 8899 for some devices. Once done, try accessing Advanced Settings.
Troubleshoot Element TV shows no signal
Troubleshoot signal problems using the following methods:
- Check whether you have connected the signal cable.
- Ensure the signal cable is not loose.
- If the signal is out of range, consider adjusting the resolution, horizontal, or vertical frequency of your TV.
- Check your antenna connections.
You can also consider adjusting the position of your antenna, especially if you have installed it indoors. If your TV is in the wrong input, you will not get any signal. In that case, unplug the cables, including the HDMI cable, and replug them correctly.
Solutions to Element TV screen problems
Element TV screen problems can come in different forms. For example, you may see a black square in the center of your device screen. You can fix it by turning off the closed caption.
- Press the Menu button on your remote.
- Change the Mode settings from TEXT to OFF.
If you also encounter a problem whereby the screen keeps going black, check your input source on set. You may have set the device to an input that the device is not using. Thus, select the right input source to fix the issue.
Before you can fix an Element TV, first perform some checks to identify the problem. For example, if you are getting a blue screen, consider resetting all your cable connections.
Unplug them from their respective sources and try again. If you are unable to fix an issue with your device, consider contacting customer support services for further assistance.
More helpful articles