Peacock is a premium video streaming service that gives subscribers access to original shows, classic TV series, and blockbuster movies.
You can also stream lots of other content, including sports and news. In fact, we wrote down 5 things you should know before signing up for Peacock TV.
New users get a 7-day free trial, which allows them to watch thousands of hours of binge-worthy TV on computers, mobiles, tablets, Smart TVs, and game consoles. But can you stream Peacock on PS4?
After the launch of Peacock TV, the service was supposed to be available on PlayStation 4 by July 2020. But after the app was ready for download on the PlayStation Store, Peacock pulled it out because of a technical issue.
How to get Peacock on PS4
Here are the steps to follow to get Peacock on PlayStation 4:
1. Sign up for Peacock TV
The first step is to sign up for Peacock TV. To do that:
- Visit the Peacock TV signup page.
- Choose your plan. Peacock has three subscription tiers. These include Free, Premium ($4.99 per month), and Premium Plus ($9.99 per month). Regardless of the option you choose, you can enjoy a 7-day free trial.
- Start watching.
After signing up, you can start watching limited content for free until you upgrade to a higher plan. Now that you’ve signed up for the TV streaming service, follow the steps below to get Peacock on PS4.
2. Download Peacock on PS4
Here are the paths you should follow to download the app:
- Go to the PS4 store on your gaming console.
- Select Apps.
- Select Peacock in the apps section. Alternatively, search for the application by name.
- Select Download.
- The app will download and install on your device.
After installing the Peacock PS4 app, you will have to log in with the credentials you used when signing up for the service. From henceforth, you can start to stream your favorite content.
What if Peacock is not on PS4?
If you are unable to download Peacock on PS4, you can still watch its content using the following devices:
Peacock is available on different web browsers, including:
- Chrome 70+ (Windows/Mac)
- Firefox 65+ (Windows/Mac)
- MS Edge 40+ (Windows 10 or above)
You can also stream on Safari 12+, which is only available on Mac.
The Smart TVs that support the service include:
- Android TV – Peacock is available on an array of Android-TV enabled smart TVs. You can also get it via set-top boxes.
- Apple TV – You need HD (4th Generation or above), with tvOS 13 or above.
You can also access the service on streaming devices such as Roku, Chromecast, LG Smart TV with WebOS 3.5, and Vizio TV.
Can you access NBC Peacock on PS4?
Peacock TV is an over-the-top streaming service owned and operated by NBCUniversal. You can access some NBC content on the platform. However, that will depend on the subscription plan you choose when signing up. Here is how it works:
- Peacock Premium: If you have Peacock Premium, you will get full seasons of hit shows and exclusive Peacock Original series. You will also access the next-day airing of current NBC hits, Telemundo content, watch the English Premier League, and stream every shows and movie available on the platform.
- Peacock Premium Plus: With Premium Plus, you will access everything on the platform without ads. That includes next-day access to current NBC hits. You can also watch select titles offline on mobile.
- Free Plan: The free plan does not have any NBC content. Although you will get thousands of hours of movies and TV shows, you will not access full episodes.
Because of streaming rights, some programs on Peacock will have ads, regardless of the plan you choose. That includes Peacock channels, events, and a small number of movies and shows.
Peacock TV is available on PlayStation 4, and you can get it by downloading the app from the PlayStation app store.
But if it is unavailable, consider watching its programs on PeacockTV.com, connected TV, and streaming devices such as Roku and Chromecast.