You can connect your iPhone to a Vizio TV using AirPlay. However, this is not the only method.
It is easier to use AirPlay when casting to a Vizio TV. But there are also instances when other options are much better, especially when casting from an iPhone.
In this post, I’ll explain to you how I go about streaming content from my iPhone to my Vizio TV. I’ll also cover other important details, including pairing and device compatibility.
What Apple devices are compatible with Vizio Smart TV?
Your Vizio Smart TV is compatible with the following:
- All iPhones from 5S.
- All iPads from the Mini 2 and upwards.
- Apple TV 4th generation and 4K and upwards.
How to connect your iPhone to your Vizio TV
I’ve explained different methods that will achieve the same result. Choose what works best for you:
1. Pairing using AirPlay
All Apple devices come with a built-in AirPlay feature, whose sole purpose is to share media across a wide range of devices as long as they are compatible. Follow these steps to pair your iPhone with your Vizio TV using AirPlay.
- Connect your iPhone and Vizio TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Go to your Vizio TV’s home screen.
- Select Extras, which is on the top right corner of the screen.
- Select the Apple AirPlay option from the list, highlight it, and make sure you have selected ON.
- On your iPhone, open the control centre by sliding up (or down on newer models) and select the Screen Mirroring option. A list of available devices will appear.
- Select your TV from the list, and within a few seconds, they should be connected.
To stream content from your iPhone to your Vizio TV:
- Launch your preferred streaming app.
- Play a video of your choice.
- Click the AirPlay icon
The video will display on your Vizio TV screen instantly.
If you cannot see the Screen Mirroring feature on your control centre, you can turn it on through the settings and add it to your control centre.
2. Pairing using Vizio mobile app
Using the Vizio app gives you access to many more features you normally wouldn’t be able to access using AirPlay, such as pairing an iPhone to a Vizio TV using Bluetooth.
To use this method, you need to download the Vizio mobile app from the App Store. Once you have installed the app, follow the steps below:
- Launch the Vizio Mobile app.
- Create an account or log in if you already have one.
- A prompt asking you to get started will appear. It should show a list of all paired devices.
- Scroll through to find your Vizio TV, then click on it.
- Type in the 4-digit code that appears on your TV screen.
- Wait for the two devices to pair.
You are now ready to use your Vizio Mobile app to control your TV.
3. Pair an iPhone to a Vizio TV using an HDMI adapter
This is probably the best option if you want to screen mirror your iPhone to your Vizio TV without Wi-Fi.
Additionally, the HDMI comes alongside the Vizio TV when you buy it and acts as a connection between your mobile device and TV without Wi-Fi.
To connect your iPhone to your TV using the adapter, do this:
- Connect one end of the lightning AV cable to your phone.
- Connect the other end to your TV with the help of an HDMI adapter.
- If it is properly connected, you should see your iPhone screen displayed on your TV screen.
4. Pairing using third-party apps
With LetsView, download the app on your iPhone from the App Store. Your TV will then display a PIN, which you will enter to access your Vizio through your phone. Alternatively, scan the QR code that will display.
ApowerMirror, on the other hand, has advanced features like HD, photo browsing, and even playing games. To use it, download the app from the App Store and launch it.
Once you install it, select the Screen Mirror option on the app and choose your Vizio TV. You have now managed to pair your iPhone to Vizio TV.