Kodi is a revolutionary entertainment software that turns your device into a streamer, allowing you to stream a wide range of files from the internet, a computer network, or even your local storage.
Used mostly by users to stream content on the internet, Kodi is perfect if you are a fan of movies, films, TV shows, and sports shows (live sports events).
The best thing about Kodi is that it works on almost any device – from smartphones to laptops and PCs, Fire Stick, smart TVs, game consoles, and others.
All you need to is install the app and some add-ons to your device and you are a go.
However, like most things in technology, Kodi is not immune to issues. From time to time, you might experience various difficulties, from Kodi apps not working to streaming issues, slow speeds, freezing or crashing of video players, etc.
Luckily, most of these problems are easily fixed. In this guide, we have listed some of the most common Kodi apps issues and provided solutions that work.
Kodi apps issues and solutions
Here are some of the most common problems on Kodi and their solutions.
1. Kodi apps keep crashing or freezing
One of the most common Kodi problems is when apps keep on freezing or crashing when you are streaming your content.
This usually happens if the Kodi version you are using is unstable, or has a bug problem. Luckily, there is a simple solution that can fix the issue, guaranteeing you a stress-free streaming experience.
To fix the freezing issue, start by uninstalling Kodi from your device (there is no auto-update option). Then, go to the Kodi downloads page and download the latest app version for your device.
2. Kodi apps won’t load
Kodi apps not loading is another common issue you are likely to encounter when using the service. It is a problem that usually affects users after they have made updates to the application or add-ons.
A number of fixes are available, which include clearing the cache on your device. For most devices, this includes going to Settings>apps>downloaded apps selecting Kodi, and clicking on “clearing cache” or “clear data”.
Another fix is to remove the current Kodi application, download a fresh and up-to-date version, and re-install it.
3. Kodi apps won’t stream
Streaming issues are another common Kodi apps not working problem you are likely to encounter when using Kodi to watch movies and videos online.
The most common streaming issues include slow stream speeds, constant buffering, “no stream available” error on some or all add-ons, streaming stopping completely mid-way, or no streaming at all.
Streaming issues can be caused by a variety of problems, from poor or no network connection to unstable Kodi app, add-on problems, bugs, and others.
- Checking to make sure that your internet connection is working: check that your home network is working (no connection outage) and it is strong enough to support streaming
- Clearing cache: a full cache means that you have little or no sufficient space for the video to load, which can cause constant and annoying buffering. Cache data can also cause streaming issues if it contains bugs. Clearing the cache can thus help to fix several streaming issues.
- Deleting unused add-ons: some add-ons can affect the functionality of the Kodi application, leading to streaming issues. Deleting add-ons that you do not use can help to clear up the problem.
- Removing Kodi and re-installing it afresh: outdated or unstable Kodi app is another reason why you might be experiencing difficulties while streaming. Removing Kodi and re-installing the latest version of the software can help to fix most of these streaming difficulties
4. Kodi apps won’t update
Kodi update error is another common issue that users complain about when using the entertainment service. It usually occurs when Kodi is trying to update the add-ons (various apps in your Kodi hub) but is unable.
The most common causes of the update error include incompatibility with the current add-on, corrupted repository (like a “container for add-ons), and corrupted/unstable Kodi software.
To fix the issue, the first step is to identify the app causing the update error, which you can easily find out from the error log message. After that, you should check if it is active by searching for it through Google.
If it is not active, you should delete it, which would mean no more updates – but your add-on will continue working just fine as it is.
If the repository has changed, you can add the new URL by editing the resource file, which will fix the update problem.
When searching for the problematic repository, you might also find that it is still active and the URL has not changed, which means the update error lies somewhere else.
In this case, you can fix the issue by:
- Manually updating the add-on by installing the downloaded (zip) file in the repository
- Deleting the repository and replacing it with an alternative one
- Deleting the database file for the update that is not updating – a corrupted resource can cause an add-on not to update
- Uninstalling the problematic update and re-installing it afresh, or installing an alternative (similar) add-on
- Deleting the version of Kodi you are using and downloading and installing the latest version.
5. Kodi add-ons not working
Kodi add-ons issues are another challenge you might encounter while trying to use Kodi to stream entertainment content. The most common issues include:
- Kodi TV apps not working
- The Kodi sports app not working
- Kodi movies app not working
- All Kodi add-ons not working
- Kodi add-ons not deleting
Fixing Kodi add-ons issues
Issues with add ons can prevent you from watching videos on Kodi. Luckily, there are several solutions you can use to get your add-on(s) working perfectly again.
- Updating your add-on(s) to the latest version: this might mean manually updating the add-on if the automatic update is not working
- Clearing add-on cache: corrupted add-on cache can cause your add-ons not to work. Clearing the cache will remove the corrupted data, allowing you add-ons to work again.
- Removing repositories: inactive or corrupt repositories is another reason why you might be experiencing add-on issues. Removing the repositories for problematic add-ons and replacing them with fresh ones from trusted sources can help to fix your apps.
- Deleting the add-ons: if a specific add-on(s) is not working delete the add-on and install a new one. If this fails, you should consider getting an alternative add-on, which will allow you to view the same type of content.
Kodi allows you to enjoy a wide range of entertainment content, all from a single hub. However, if your Kodi apps are not working, you can find yourself being frustrated when all you want is to watch your favorite movies, TV shows, and videos.
Thankfully, with the above troubleshooting tips and solutions, you can easily fix the issues you come across.
Note: This guide is meant to educate you about fixing all issues you may encounter while using addons on this platform. By this, we are only referring to legal add-ons. We neither encourage nor condone the use of illegal add-ons and applications on this platform.