Samsung TVs have a hidden or secret menu to give users additional settings and options for customising their viewing experience.
The menu provides access to advanced settings and features unavailable in the standard menu. But do you know how to enable Bluetooth on Samsung Smart TV?
One of the features you can access with the secret menu is Bluetooth functionality. The feature lets you connect your Smart TV with wireless devices such as keyboards, mice, and audio systems.
But how do you enable Bluetooth on Samsung Smart TV via the secret menu? Read on to follow the steps.
Accessing the secret menu on Samsung Smart TVs
The secret menu on Samsung Smart TVs is also known as the service menu. You can access it to unlock Bluetooth using different steps depending on your model:
- Turn ON your Samsung Smart TV.
- Press the Menu button on your remote.
- Navigate to Support.
- Press Enter.
- Scroll down and select Contact Samsung.
- Press Enter.
- Press the following buttons in order and quickly: Mute, 1, 8, 2, Enter.
You should now see the service menu on your screen, allowing you to enable Bluetooth on Samsung Smart TV.
If the steps above do not work and Bluetooth is not showing up on the Samsung Smart TV, try the following:
- Turn off your Samsung TV with the remote.
- Press Info on your remote.
- Press Menu.
- Press Mute.
- Press 1, 8, 2.
- Press the Power button on the remote.
Wait at least 15 seconds for everything to be visible on the screen. Here’s a video showing the same procedure.
Other Samsung TVs, especially the seven series, have a different sequence:
- Turn off the TV.
- Press Mute, 1, 8, 2, and then Power.
- You will see a blue box on the left of your screen.
YouTube user Laneishia shows this exact process in her video on YouTube.
Enable Bluetooth via the secret menu
Once you have accessed the secret menu, follow these steps to enable Bluetooth:
- Use the navigation keys to select Options.
- Scroll down and select the MRT Option.
- Scroll down and find BT Support.
- Make sure the BT Support option is ON.
- Turn your TV off and give it at least 60 seconds.
- Power on your TV.
Once you make your Samsung Smart TV Bluetooth capable, the next step is to pair and connect Bluetooth devices to your Samsung TV. Here is how:
- Go to Settings.
- Navigate to Sounds.
- Select Sound Output.
- Select Bluetooth Speaker List.
- Set your Bluetooth device to start pairing.
- Select the device you want to pair to the TV.
- Select Pair and Connect.
You have now paired and connected Bluetooth devices to your Samsung TV.
Troubleshooting Bluetooth Connectivity
If you encounter any issues with Bluetooth connectivity, you can try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure the device is within range of the Samsung Smart TV.
- Check that the device is compatible with the TV.
- Ensure Bluetooth is enabled on both the TV and the device.
- Restart both the Samsung Smart TV and the device.
You can also remove any obstructions that may interfere with the Bluetooth signal.
Have your say!
Have you been able to access the secret menu? Or do you have alternative ways to access it on Samsung TV? Let us know!