With over 71 million subscribers, Spotify is one of the top streaming platforms for music. Having a premium account is a great thing on the platform for anyone who loves music.
But what if you want to delete it and create a new one? You can find yourself in such a situation, for example, when looking to change the username or other permanent details.
Unfortunately, when considering such a decision, there are some things to consider, such as losing your saved playlists. But worry not!
Below, we have compiled all the information you need on how to successfully delete a Spotify account and create a new one.
How to delete a Spotify account
Deleting your Spotify profile is a two-step process:
- Removing the premium subscription if you have any: This will remove any downloaded playlists and music.
- Permanently deleting your profile: This means closing the account permanently, leading to the loss of all data
To cancel the subscription:
- Go to spotify.com/account on a computer and log in to your account
- Go to Your Plan and select the Change Plan option
- Navigate to Spotify Free and select the Cancel Premium option
- Confirm the decision to end the subscription
After canceling the subscription, you can now delete your profile. To do this:
- Login into to your Spotify profile on a computer browser
- Go to the customer support section under the “Help” button and navigate through it to the “Account” options
- Here, select the “I want to close my account” option
- Follow the on-screen prompts to confirm the decision
How to create a new Spotify account?
Have you deleted your account and are looking to return to Spotify? Don’t worry! It’s possible to sign up for another one.
The process is quite simple, just like signing up for the first time. Below is how to do it:
- Go to spotify.com on a computer browser
- Click on the Sign Up button in the top right corner
- Go to the the Sign-up with your email address option.
- Enter all the requested information – email address, password, username, date of birth, gender identification, etc.
- Click on the green Sign Up button at the bottom of the page to submit the data.
With the new profile created, you can now log in, purchase a premium subscription and start listening to music
FAQs about deleting and creating a new Spotify account
When deleting your account and creating a new one, there are a few things to consider.
Below is a look at a couple of them:
1. If I delete my Spotify account, can I use the same email to create a new one
One of the things most people wonder about is whether it is possible to delete a Spotify account, but it’s said email still exists. The answer is yes.
Even after deleting your profile, you can still use the current email to create another one, but with a different username of your choice.
2. Can I delete my Spotify account but keep my music?
Are you looking for a way how to create a new account on Spotify but keep your music? Usually, when you delete your account, you lose all the music you had saved.
However, after creating a new one, you can contact Spotify customer support and ask them to restore your music, alongside other data from your old profile, such as subscription plan and followers.
Spotify is one of the top music streaming sites. However, for one reason or another, you might find yourself no longer satisfied with your current account and considering closing it, but with the desire to return later.
The above information offers you everything you need for this, from closing your account, creating a new one, and retaining your email address and music.