Unfortunately, there is no way to clear your DirecTV Now viewing history. The good news, however, is that there really is no way for the person who watches after you to know exactly what you have been watching on DirecTV Now.
Is there a watch history on DirecTV Now? And can you see viewing history in DirecTV Now?
Unfortunately, the streaming service does not give any recommendations based on what you have already watched, and neither is there a section where you can view all the content that has been watched.
However, when you start watching new content, the newer entries eventually scroll out of the older ones.
The app was designed intentionally, so you can always check and verify if someone else has watched or downloaded any content.
However, there are some loopholes you can go through to clear recently watched on-demand content on the DirecTV app.
So, using these methods, how do you remove continue watching from DirecTV Now?
Hiding shows on DirecTV
As much as there is no way you can directly clear continue watching on DirecTV, an alternative to this is to hide the shows.
To do this, follow these easy steps:
- Open the menu on your DirecTV app and go to Settings.
- Open the Help section and click on Whole Home.
- Go to External Device and click on Recently Watched.
- Change the label to Hide on the Receiver.
Clearing recently watched on-demand content in the DirecTV app
You can easily delete your on-demand programs if you are using the DirecTV app by following these quick and easy steps:
- Open the Menu on your DirecTV app, and then go to Setup.
- Go to Whole home > Share Playlist and then Allow Deletion.
- You will be asked to select the location of the content you want to delete. At this point, select from All rooms.
Once you have successfully enabled this setting, you should be able to click on and hold the program you would like to delete. Again, a red X will appear.
Deleting a recorded program
Deleting a pre-recorded program is quite similar to deleting an app from your mobile phone.
All you have to do is click and hold on to the program you want to delete until the X with a circle around it appears. Then, click on the X, and the program should now be deleted.
If you cannot delete a recorded program, this might most likely be because your receiver may not have been set to allow programs to be deleted.
To permit it to delete programs, follow these steps:
- On your HD DVR, using your DirecTV remote, press the Menu button.
- Go to Setup and then click on Whole Home.
- Select Share Playlist and then Allow Deletion.
You will be given a list of destinations from which you would like to delete the program, and from this, you will select from all rooms.
Now, your receiver has permission to delete programs from your DirecTV app, and you can now go ahead and attempt to delete your recorded programs again.
How to delete history on your DirecTV receiver
If you are an owner of a DirecTV receiver, you probably know that it stores your viewing history for any viewing you have done within the last 30 days.
You can prevent your DirecTV receiver from storing your viewing history through these steps:
- Using your DirecTV remote on your DirecTV receiver, open the main menu and click on the Settings icon.
- Under History, scroll down until you get to the General tab, and then click on it to open.
- You will see an option with keep a history of the last 30 days, which has a box next to it.
- Uncheck the box
Clear your DirecTV cache
The last easy hack you can use is simply clearing your DirecTV cache. All the files and data you have stored will be permanently erased.
Follow these steps:
- From your DirecTV main menu, open the Settings
- Select General, and then click on Cache.
- Select Clear Cache and confirm