Sling TV offers a wide range of entertainment, news, sports, and local channels. If you are no longer interested in paying for the service, you can easily cancel from your Sling TV account interface.
This guide will show you how to cancel your Sling TV subscription:
How to cancel your Sling TV subscription
To cancel your Sling TV subscription, you need to access your account from a computer. Once you are logged in, follow these steps:
- Click Settings (gear symbol) on the top right side of the page
- Select Manage Account
- Click Cancel Subscription, under Your Subscription
- On the pop-up window that appears, select Cancel Subscription
- Choose any cancellation reason and click Continue To Cancel
- Click Confirm My Cancellation on the next window that appears
How to cancel Sling TV on Roku
Follow this guide to cancel Sling TV if you are using Roku on your TV:
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote or TV remote on your Roku TV
- Select the Channel Store and search for Sling TV. Press OK once you find it.
- Select Manage Subscriptions
- Choose Cancel Subscription to unsubscribe from the service
If you can access Roku from the internet on your laptop or computer, follow these steps:
- On your browser, visit my.roku.com
- Sign in to your Roku account
- Click Manage Subscriptions
- Scroll down to Roku and select Unsubscribe
This method works if you purchased your subscription through Roku. If you did it directly via Sling TV, then you’ll have to use the alternative methods listed here.
By cancelling your subscription, Sling TV retains your billing information. This is designed to make it easier for you to reactivate your subscription.
If you want to permanently delete your Sling TV account and remove your subscription details, you have to contact them via phone or through chat by visiting their help page. You can also get in touch via their social media account.
Can you get a refund after cancellation?
Sling TV won’t refund you after you cancel your account. While you can cancel anytime, it is advisable that you exhaust your subscription and cancel before a renewal happens.
You can just remove your credit card details to avoid being charged for the next billing cycle.
What other options do you have?
Some of the best alternatives for Sling TV include Hulu, YouTube TV, PlayStation Vue, FuboTV, and Philo TV. Compare subscription costs for each to determine what is best for news channels, your entertainment and your budget.
If your reason for cancellation is because you’re no longer interested in paying for a TV subscription, consider a digital TV tuner for local channels and a service like Crackle for movies and shows.
There are also other options on the Roku Store that are worth checking out. However, you will not access the latest movies and TV shows.