With streaming becoming the go-to method of entertainment, you might find yourself with too many subscriptions.
Or perhaps, you had subscribed to the free trial of Showtime but you haven’t been satisfied by the channel’s offering. Whatever the case, you can cancel your Showtime subscription and save money in the process.
Notably, you can only cancel your Showtime subscription on the platform where you signed up for. If you subscribed to Showtime through Prime Video, you can only end the service via Amazon.
4 ways to cancel your Showtime subscription via Amazon Prime
You can cancel your Showtime subscription using any of the methods below:
1. On the Amazon website
If you are looking for an easy way to cancel Showtime, Amazon.com is a good start. All of the service’s subscriptions end up here, and thus you can manage them from one place.
To stop the channel’s billing, follow the steps below:
- Go to Amazon.com on any device that is connected to the internet.
- Sign in to your Amazon account.
- Go to the accounts settings page (Accounts and Lists).
- Go to Membership and Subscriptions.
- Select Prime Video Channels.
- You will find Showtime under your Prime Video channels, click on the Cancel Channel link on the right to end the subscription.
2. Via the Amazon app
Aside from the Amazon website, you can also change your subscriptions on Amazon through the shopping app (and not the Prime Video one.)
To do so:
- Download and install the Amazon app on your phone (if you haven’t already).
- Log in using your Amazon account credentials.
- Tap on the menu icon on the screen, followed by Your Account
- Go to Membership and Subscriptions.
- If no active subscriptions appear, tap on Don’t See Your Subscriptions option.
- A new window will appear with different types of subscriptions. Select Channel Subscriptions next to Prime Video Channels.
- Search for Showtime and tap on the Cancel Channel button below it.
3. Through email
Why can’t I manage my Amazon Video subscriptions on Prime Video? When trying to cancel Showtime, you might have realized that you can only do so on Amazon – either the website or the App.
As such, the process can be confusing, especially if you subscribed to Amazon Prime. On top of that, you might experience issues when attempting to cancel through the website or the application.
But worry not, there is another alternative; writing an email to the customer support team requesting cancellation.
Follow these steps:
- Go to the Amazon customer help portal.
- Scroll down to Help Topics and click on Need More Help further down.
- Click on the Contact Us link that appears on the right side of the topics.
- Where prompted to describe your issue, select Prime or Something Else.
- Scroll down to the Tell Us More section and select the following options from the drop-down boxes: Prime > Membership Management > Change Prime auto-renew.
- Scroll further down to Or, talk to someone and click on the email button. A message box will pop up.
- Write to the customer support team requesting Showtime cancellation and send the message.
- A representative will get back to you in a few hours and help you stop the billing.
4. By calling the Amazon customer support
Another alternative cancellation method exists in the form of making a phone call to Amazon customer service.
It is a good option if you are having issues with online cancellation, or don’t want to go through that route.
In that case, simply dial the Amazon team on 1-888-2804-331 and ask the representative to cancel your Showtime subscription.
Showtime subscription Q & A
Here are answers to some of the most pressing questions about canceling a Showtime subscription.
Can you cancel Showtime at any time?
Yes, Amazon does not have any limitations on when you can cancel your Prime Video subscriptions.
Therefore, you can even cancel on the same day you subscribed.
How much does Showtime cost per month?
Showtime’s price varies depending on your TV provider. For example, on DirecTV, the channel costs $13.99 per month.
On the other hand, Spectrum users can get it as part of their package at no additional cost (aside from their Spectrum plan).
On Amazon Prime Video, Showtime is an add-on channel that will cost you $10.99 a month. However, it also comes with a 7-day free trial during your first purchase.
Can you get a refund after canceling Showtime?
When you cancel a subscription on Amazon, you are not offered a refund. Instead, what happens is that you continue having access to the subscribed content.
Then, at the end of the billing cycle, the subscription is not renewed, and your access ends.
If you are no longer interested in Showtime, the above are some of the ways to cancel the channel on Amazon.
You should, however, note that these only work if you subscribed through Amazon Prime Video or other Amazon platforms. For example, Fire Stick.
If not, you should go to the service you subscribe with and cancel there, or contact Showtime customer support.