For our own reasons, we at times feel the need to block some users on Twitch. The main question that follows usually is can I unblock someone after blocking them on twitch? The answer is yes.
You can block and unblock users on twitch using block commands. The procedure for doing this is simple, just make sure you block the right user you want to.
How to block users on Twitch stream chat
You can use the following methods to block users on Twitch.
Method 1: Use the stream chat
Use the stream chat to
- Log in to your account and open the channel you want to watch.
- Navigate to the chat panel on the right-hand side. If you are using a mobile phone the chat panel will be at the bottom.
- Click on the username at the live chat. Identify which user you want to block at the chat and click on their name. Their profile will open in a small pop up window.
- Click on the options button. Once you do this a menu will be displayed.
- Select block from the options available. A red confirmation note will appear. Select the block option. This will block the user and you will filter out interactions between the two.
Read: How to prevent Twitch from logging you out often
Method 2: Use of block commands
These are quick commands that will help in managing spam and unwanted users.
- Log in to your account
- Go to the chat menu
- On the text box type, /block <name>. So, when typing this replace the name part with the actual name of the user you want to ban. An example would be, /block<twitchusername>. This will automatically block the user form your chats.
This is pretty much the same procedure as blocking. After navigate to the chat menu and after selecting the contact hit unblock.
For the command version, type in /unblock <name>, to unblock the user. Remember to replace the name tag here with the actual username you want to block.