As an Amazon Prime Video user, you may have come across various errors while using the video streaming service. In most cases, the system generates an error code and displays it on your screen.
The code is a specific number that helps to identify the type of problem you are facing. It is also useful in making it easier for you to perform Amazon Prime Video troubleshooting and find a fix to your issue.
Amazon Prime Video error codes have a meaning. For example, 2040 is an error that usually depicts an issue with payment and orders.
In that case, you can fix it by confirming that you are using a supported payment method or contacting your card issuing bank.
Ideally, what you do once you see an error code will depend on the code itself. But sometimes you do not get a code, but the system fails to work.
The best fix would be to restart it and try again. Here are some of the general Amazon Prime Video error codes and how to fix them.
Amazon Prime not working on TV
If your Amazon Prime Video is not working on TV, you can do several things to fix it:
- Launch the Prime Video app on your smartphone and try to open a video.
- Open Prime Video on a computer browser.
- Reboot your TV and try again.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Prime Video app from your TV.
- Check your internet connection or upgrade your plan.
- Turn off network tools, such as VPN or proxy.
- Check whether you are using the right HDMI cable. Ensure it has a rating of HDCP 2.2 for 4K or HDCP 1.4 for HD streaming.
If the Amazon Prime Video not working issue continues, check that you have connected your TV to the internet.
We’ve also provided more troubleshooting tips for this error.
Amazon Prime Video not working on Chrome
If Prime Video is not working on your Chrome browser, the following is what you can do to try and fix it:
- Update your browser to the latest software version.
- Close your browser, open it, and try again.
- Try opening the video on a different device.
- Disconnect any VPN or proxy connections.
- Clear browser cookies and cache.
The service can also stop working if you have a slow internet connection. In that case, contact your service provider for further troubleshooting.
You can also contact the Amazon Tech Support team to figure out whether there is a system-wide issue.
Playback renderer error
The playback renderer error on Amazon usually occurs when trying to play a video on a 4K streaming device. To fix it:
- Unplug the TV from the power source for one minute. Power on the device and then re-launch the Prime Video app. Once done, open the movie.
- Choose a lower resolution to stream content.
- Ensure your TV is running on the latest software version.
Understand that the problem with rendering may not even be on your TV or the internet connection. It could be a result of how Amazon set up Prime Video. In other words, the service does not make it easier for users to find UHD content.
Even on some titles that have UHD, they usually have a 1080p alternative. So, while you may be opening a 4K video, the reality is it could be a 1080p version, hence poor rendering.
To find UHD content, go to Amazon.com/video/uhd. Next, add as many titles as possible to your Watchlist so that you can access them through your device.
Amazon Prime Video error code 3565
Whenever you are trying to buy or rent a movie on Amazon, you will encounter error code 3565. You can solve issues related to purchasing or rending a Prime Video title by following the steps below:
- Sign in to your Amazon account.
- Under Ordering and Shopping preferences, select Payment Options.
- Select 1-Click Settings.
Check to ensure that you have enabled 1-Click Settings. Next, ensure you have a valid payment method. Once done, update your settings, restarting your Prime Video device, and try again.
Alternatively, consider using a different payment method or contact your card issuing bank for further assistance.
Amazon Prime error code 9345
The error code 9345 can occur because of an invalid payment method, especially when trying to rent or buy a video.
You can do several things to try and fix it.
- Sign out and re-register your device with your Prime Video account.
- Check your payment settings and 1-Click settings.
- If you are trying to buy using Apple as your payment method on iOS, ensure to update your details under your App Store and iTunes settings.
- Check your Digital Orders. You will receive a prompt to update your payment details.
- Contact your card issuing bank.
Another option is to use a different payment method. If there is an Amazon Prime Video outage that is affecting payments, you will have to wait until the technicians fix it.
Error code 1060
The error code 1060 on Amazon Prime Video indicates a network connectivity issue.
One challenge of fixing this problem is that it can be a result of an array of factors. The most prominent is the type of device you are using to stream.
However, try the following to solve it:
- Ensure that you have connected your streaming device to the internet.
- Restart your device and the app to refresh connections and start anew.
- Check your internet speed. You may also have to increase bandwidth by closing other devices that are using the same network.
- Restart your router to reset your Wi-Fi connection.
If you are streaming a 720p video and your internet speed is 2Mbps, consider upgrading to at least 5Mbps or getting a better router.
Error code 5004
The error usually occurs when trying to sign in to your Amazon Prime Video account. As an authentication error, the problem could be your login credentials, or you are using an unregistered device.
You need to deregister or register your device and then log back into the service. Follow the steps below:
- Go to the Amazon website.
- Click on Manage Your Content and Devices.
- Sign in using your Amazon account credentials.
- Click on Device.
- Click on the Actions button.
- Click on Deregister.
After deregistering your device, log back in on the same device. Alternatively:
- Ensure you are using the correct password and email address when logging in to Amazon Prime Video.
- If the issue continues, log in to your Amazon account using the same details.
You can also click on Forgot Your Password to reset it and try again. Or, contact Tech Support for further assistance.
Here’s a more detailed guide for fixing the 5004 error code on Amazon Prime.
Error code 3521
Error code 3521 appears whenever a user tries to sign up for a service to which they have already subscribed.
You can either stop signing up for the service or cancel your Prime Video channel subscription and subscribe again.
Here is what to do:
- Go to Manage Your Prime Video Channels.
- Go to Prime Video Channels and check your list of subscriptions.
- If the channel you are trying to subscribe to is available, go ahead and watch a video.
- If you are getting an error, cancel the channel.
- You can discontinue it by selecting Cancel Channel.
- Confirm your option.
You will need to subscribe again to access the channel if you decide to cancel it.
Error code 7031
The error code 7031 is one of the most common Amazon Prime Video error codes. It occurs when you are trying to playback back content. You can encounter it on various platforms, including Smart TV, mobile phone, or web browser.
To fix it, you first need to ensure that your streaming device is using the latest software updates.
If Amazon video won’t play after updating your device:
- Close your browser or the Prime Video app and restart your device.
- Check your internet connection if your playback is pausing frequently or experiencing buffering issues. Ensure you have enough bandwidth to stream HD content.
- Ensure your devices are on the same network.
- If the network is the same, update the DNS settings of the connected device.
- Disconnect any proxy or VPN servers.
- Check whether your HDMI cable and its display are compatible with HDCP 1.4 to stream HD content or HDCP 2.2 to stream UHD/HDR content.
To update your DNS settings, follow the steps outlined by your device manufacturer.
Amazon Prime error code 6084
Many users have been recently coming across Amazon Prime error code 6084. It occurred while trying to watch a movie and logging in.
The issue was a result of a technical problem with the servers. After the tech team fixed it, here is what they recommended:
- Restart your device and try again. Unplug it from the power source, wait for two minutes, and then plug it back in again.
- Close and reopen the Amazon Prime Video app.
- Update the Prime Video app and check that your device is running on the latest software version.
- Improve your internet speed by upgrading your plan or disconnecting other devices connected to the same network. You can also use a quality router designed for multiple devices.
If the above does not work, contact the Tech Support team for further assistance.
Whenever you encounter Amazon Prime Video error codes while streaming, check whether it has an accompanying code.
If it has, you can fix it because you will know the primary issue that is causing it. But if you are unable to find a solution to the Amazon Prime HD not working issue, consider contacting the Tech Team for further assistance.
4 thoughts on “Amazon Prime Video error codes and how to fix them”
Error Code: 0.6
What does error code 28 mean?
What does error code WS_0002 mean ?
My Amazon prime is not working it’s saying error code 6085 don’t know what to do