To use your Twitch account on any other media player aside from your computer, you will have to activate it. The entire process involves generating a code on your computer that should then be entered on Twitch on the device you intend to use.
However, the exact steps may differ from one media player to the next. Besides, sometimes twitch.tv/activate may not be working or won’t display the 6 digit code.
If you are facing any problems activating Twitch on any platform, this guide will come in handy.
How to create a Twitch account
Before activation, you need to sign up for a Twitch account. You can do it on your computer or via your mobile device.
I will explain how to do it on both devices. If you already have an account, skip down to the activation process.
To sign up for a Twitch account on your computer:
- Open your browser then go to twitch.tv and click the Sign-Up button
- Fill up the Sign-Up form with your username, date of birth, email, and password. Counter-check to ensure that this information is correct since it might be useful during account recovery.
- Alternatively, you can sign up using your Facebook account by clicking Connect with Facebook
- Follow the instructions on the registration wizard to open your Twitch account
On the other hand, if you are using an Android or iOS smartphone, follow these steps:
- Open your respective app stores, search and download Twitch Mobile App
- Install and launch the app then tap Sign Up
- You can sign up using your phone number or email address
- Once you complete the form and click Sign Up, a 6 digit code will be sent to your phone number or email
- Enter the code on your app within 5 minutes
The code usually arrives instantly. However, if you don’t see it within 5 minutes, recheck your phone number or email by pressing the back arrow. Tap Resend code if they are okay.
If you don’t wish to receive Twitch notifications via your phone, add your email address to the sign-up form.
How to activate Twitch
Here are guides to activate Twitch on different devices.
PS4 or PS3
Follow these steps to activate Twitch on PS4 or PS3:
- Open the PlayStation Store on your PS then search for Twitch and tap to install
- Launch the app after installation and select Sign In
- Visit twitch.tv/activate on your mobile device or computer. Make sure you’re logged in to your account first.
- Enter the code that appears to your Twitch app on PlayStation
- Select OK and start watching or broadcasting content.
If the code isn’t appearing, it could be due to a slow internet connection or a problem with Twitch servers.
Try restarting your router, but if the problem persists then give it some time before you retry.
Xbox 360 or Xbox One
Follow these steps to activate and use Twitch TV on an Xbox One or Xbox 360:
- Open the Xbox Store and install the Twitch app
- Select log in
- Open twitch.tv/activate on your phone or computer
- Enter the code that appears on the screen to the Twitch app on your Xbox
- Tap OK to start watching or streaming content on Xbox
Follow these steps to activate Twitch on Roku:
- Open the Channel Store on Roku, search and install Twitch
- Select Log In to activate your device
- Go to twitch.tv/activate on your Android or iOS phone or computer
- Enter the code that appears on the screen to the Twitch app on Roku
- Select OK to enjoy streaming on Roku
Twitch TV 6-digit activation code not working? How to fix
If the activation code doesn’t work or is not showing on your TV or Roku, try out the following fixes:
1. Reactivate your device
You can resend the code to your device by visiting Menu Bar > Twitch > Activation.
An activation code should show up. Once you have it, follow any of the steps above to activate Twitch depending on the device you are using.
2. Change your HDMI cable
Using an older HDMI cable can cause the code to not display. When you are using a media streaming device, unplug your HDMI cable for about 30 seconds then plug it back in.
If the code doesn’t display, change the cable and retry.
For those using Apple TV, go to Settings > Audio/Video > TV Resolution, and select “Auto“. If this doesn’t work, proceed to the next step.
3. Switch from Dark Mode
Have you lowered your TV resolution or switched to Dark Mode in recent times? Well, your activation code could be displayed in a darker color, which makes it impossible for you to view the code.
Switch from Dark Mode or improve your TV or Monitor’s brightness in order to view the code.
Hopefully, the above steps have come in handy to install and use Twitch on whichever device you are using. If you are encountering any issues, let us know via the comment section.
You can also reach out to Twitch support if twitch.tv/activate is not working.
8 thoughts on “How to activate Twitch on PS4, Xbox 360, Roku & more”
it works like this thing try it out people
it really does not work an im streaming a video on it as I leave a comment from my phone which lets me log into my account but not ps4 why
please follow up on this asap
Its not working its not letting me enter the 6 digit code
I want it to work gosh😘😘😘
It works good very good Thx which people I love 💘your pleger
It does not work