Resetting an Insignia TV might sound complicated since the TV does not have a purposefully built-in reset button that performs the action with a single press.
However, the process is not that difficult. In this article, you’ll learn how to safely reset your Insignia TV in just a few seconds.
Some of the situations that require resetting an Insignia TV include:
- When you want to revert a setting
- When your TV freezes
- Instances where your TV is not performing as it should
Where is the reset button on Insignia TV?
Insignia TVs don’t have a reset button, unlike some of the most popular brands. However, this doesn’t mean that you cannot reset it.
You’ll only need to access the Service Mode option using your remote in order to reset the TV.
How to hard reset an Insignia TV
Before resetting your TV, note that the action will revert most of your personalized settings and may delete your data and installed apps.
To reset the TV:
- Unplug the TV from the wall socket
- Wait for at least half an hour before plugging it back in.
- Plugin the TV back in, and it will prompt to start keying in system data anew
It is best to point out that it would be better if you would leave the TV unplugged overnight and continue with the hard reset process the next day.
How to factory reset your Insignia TV
Compared to a hard reset, factory resetting your Insignia TV is a more detailed procedure but one that produces better results. You have to use your TV remote during this process.
To factory reset:
- Turn on your Insignia TV by pressing the power button on your remote controller
- Press the Home button to gain access to the main menu option
- Scroll down, select Settings, and press the right arrow on your remote
- Click on System and then once again use the right arrow key to enter
- Go to Advanced Settings and then press the right arrow again
- Select Factory Settings and then press the Okay button on your remote control. A code will be instantly displayed on your screen.
- Key in the code in the slots provided and press Okay
- Wait for the TV to reboot
You will have completed the reset once your TV reboots.
If you don’t have a remote, use the first procedure to reset your Insignia TV. However, if your remote is functional, the second method is better.
More About Insignia TVs