The process of clearing your ‘Continue Watching’ list on HBO Max depends on the streaming device you are using.
For example, accessing certain functions on HBO Max is a bit different when you are using Roku compared to Fire TV. The same is also true if you are using a smartphone app or a computer browser.
Despite the differences, the result is the same – the continue watching list will be removed from your HBO Max homepage instantly. Typically those items will remain on the list for 30 days before they are automatically deleted.
How to clear the HBO Max Continue Watching list on Windows, Chromebook PC, and Mac
When streaming HBO Max on Windows, Chromebook, Mac, and PC, you are most likely using a browser. If that’s the case, follow these steps:
- Open HBO Max on your computer browser, then log in using your email and password.
- Click on your profile icon, which is at the top-right corner of the page.
- Select the My Stuff option on the menu.
- Click the Continue Watching option.
- Click on the Edit option at the top-right side of your screen.
- Find a show you’d like to delete, then select Remove or X, which is on the right side.
- Click Done once you’ve removed all the shows.
How to clear the Continue Watching list on Android or iOS?
Clearing videos from your Continue Watching list on a mobile device is almost similar to the web browser. There is only a small difference due to the nature of the screen.
The process is shown below.
- Launch the HBO Max app on your smartphone.
- Click on the Profile icon at the bottom-right corner of your mobile app.
- On the displayed menu, select the Continue Watching option.
- Tap the Edit option at the top-right corner of your Continue Watching list. A list of your HBO Max watch history will appear, with an “X” icon next to each show or movie you have watched.
- Tap the X icon and then tap Done to clear what you don’t want on the list.
That is all you need to do to remove videos you don’t want from your Continue Watching list on your HBO Max watch history.