The Travel Channel has for several decades given the global audience a deep connection to the world through the eyes of curious explorers. With even a wider selection of shows beyond travel such as the paranormal and mystery shows, you are bound to include it in your channel list.
There are a variety of platforms that allow you to access the Travel Channel both through cable providers and online streaming services.
How to activate the Travel Channel
Travel Channel activation can be completed in just a few easy and simple steps. However, each platform may require different activation instructions.
Follow these simple processes to activate the channel on Roku, Smart TV, and Fire Stick TV, and more.
Roku is a TV home streaming device that allows you to watch different channels on your TV. To download and activate the Travel Channel on Roku, follow these steps:
- Launch the Roku Channel Store if you haven’t downloaded the Travel Channel app yet.
- Search for the app, then download it
- Launch the app and select “Activate”
- Pick your TV service provider from the list. You can’t activate the Channel if you don’t have an active subscription with a TV provider.
- Write down the activation code that appears on your screen
- Open a browser on another device such as your phone or computer
- Type in travelchannel.com/roku and hit Enter
- Enter the Roku activation code that you had previously written down and click “Activate”
The Travel Channel has now been activated and you can enjoy the world’s mysteries and cultures showcased on the channel.
A smart TV is an advanced version of the regular TV as it can access the internet and therefore allow you to stream content through different apps.
Many smart TVs come with apps but they also allow for more additions.
Each TV comes with its own app store. If you own a Samsung TV, for example, you can access apps from the Samsung App Store. For the LG Smart TV, the apps are found on the webOS platform. However, the app activation process is similar.
To access the Travel Channel on your smart TV, follow this simple process:
- Go to your smart TV’s app store
- Search the Travel Channel app and select “Install”
- Launch the app and select Activate
- Select your TV service provider
- Copy the code that appears on your TV screen
- Open a browser on your computer, iPhone, or Android phone
- Visit the Travel Channel activation page and enter it in the prompt box then click Submit
If the activation process goes well, the app your Smart TV should display the Travel Channel home screen.
Amazon Fire Stick TV
Fire Stick TV is an Amazon device that can be connected to your TV and allows you to download apps for content streaming.
To download and activate Travel Channel on Fire Stick:
- Visit the Amazon app store on your Fire Stick
- Search the Travel Channel app and select “install”
- Open the app and select Activate
- Choose your TV service provider
- From a browser on your computer or smartphone, visit watch.TravelChannel.com/activate
- Enter the activation code and click “Activate”
The Travel Channel on your Amazon Fire Stick will be activated and you can stream your favorite shows.
Apple TV is an excellent platform that allows you to stream content through various providers such as YouTube TV, Fubo TV, Hulu with Live TV, and Philo.
To access the Travel Channel on Apple TV, follow these simple steps:
- From the home screen, launch the App Store
- Search for the Travel Channel, then select “Get” to start the installation. The Travel Channel app should appear on the home screen after installation.
- Launch Travel Channel and select Settings from the top right side of the screen
- Select sign in with a code
- Launch a browser on your computer or smartphone
- Open watch.travelchannel.com/activate
- Enter the code that appears on your TV screen here
- Click Activate
You can now stream the Travel Channel and binge-watch your favorite shows.
Have you managed to activate the Travel Channel? If you are having problems, make sure that you are using a device that is compatible.
You should also be subscribed to a provider that offers the channel.