Trakt TV is a plugin that allows you to scrobble or keep track of what you’re watching on Kodi, Plex, or other media devices.
With the plugin, you will know your watch history, not just on the device you are using, but also on other devices that share the same Tract.tv account. To use Trakt, you have to activate it first.
The following steps will guide you to activate Trakt.tv across various devices and media centers. Scroll to your device-specific guide for you to activate it correctly and avoid instances where the activation doesn’t work.
How to install Trakt.tv on Kodi
To install Trakt.tv on Kodi:
- Launch Kodi
- On the top left side, select the search icon
- Click Search Add-ons
- Type in Trakt.tv then press Enter or click OK
- Select Script – Trakt and then Install on the next page that shows up
- Wait for the Add-On enabled pop-up to show
Now that you’ve installed Trakt.tv, let’s head straight into the activation process.
How to activate Trakt tv on Kodi
Follow these steps to activate Trakt.tv on Kodi:
- Launch tv on Kodi
- A verification window with an 8-digit code will be displayed. If the code doesn’t appear, go to Configure > How do I Authorize
- Open https://trakt.tv/activate on a browser on your computer or mobile device
- A screen will show up prompting you to add the code displayed in Kodi. If you haven’t signed up for Trakt.tv yet, a sign-up page will show up. Follow the steps to register for an account.
- Enter the code as it appears on Kodi and click Continue
- Click YES to allow Trakt for Kodi to access your Trakt.tv account
- Return to Kodi once you see a success message on your browser
How to set up Trakt.tv on Exodus
If you are using Exodus Redux or any other version, follow these steps to set up Trakt.tv:
- Launch Exodus
- Select Tools > Settings
- Go to Trakt > Authorization. A pop-up with a PIN code should appear.
- Go to https://trakt.tv/activate and enter the PIN
- Wait for Exodus to authenticate Trakt.tv
- You can now use Trakt under MyMovies/My TV shows
How to activate Trakt.tv on Plex and other media centers
Follow this guide to setup Trakt.tv on Plex as well as other media centers:
- Find and install Trakt.tv from the media center’s app store
- Launch Trakt, go to settings, and select Authorization
- Visit https://trakt.tv/activate on your computer or smartphone browser
- Enter the code displayed on the media center. You’ll have to create a Trakt account if you haven’t done it yet.
- Click Continue to pair the account and allow your device to access Trakt.tv
Return to your media center to use Trakt to track your movies and tv shows.
Trakt.tv activation is not working? Here’s what to do
This troubleshooting guide will help if Trakt.tv is neither activating nor working:
- Install the latest version of your media player. Make sure you are installing Trakt to the latest version of Kodi, Plex, or any other media device you are using.
- Don’t refresh Kodi or close the Authorization page since a new authentication code may be generated.
- Check your internet connection. A slow connection may also present issues when pairing.
If any of these solutions don’t work, try activating it on another plugin. Should it work, reach out to the developer of the plugin that didn’t work.
If both don’t work, get in touch with Trakt.