PBS Kids is a service that offers educational content to children. Children can stream shows and play games that feature some of their favorite characters.
The service is available across multiple devices, including mobile phones and tablets. Parents can also allow their kids to download apps that offer useful content.
But first, you must activate the PBS Kids video to get started.
Understand that most content on PBS Kids is free. But the activation is necessary to watch any content with a blue and white compass rose.
The advantage is that the process is straightforward for all devices.
How to activate PBS Kids on any device
Follow these guides to set up and activate PBS Kids on your preferred device:
If you are using Roku, follow the steps below.
- Click on the PBS Kids app icon displayed on your Roku screen. Or, visit the Roku app store to download and install it.
- Once installed, open the app
- A screen will appear with an activation code
- Use an internet browser to visit pbs.org/activate
- Enter the PBS Roku channel code
- Tap Continue
On the next page, you will need to sign in to the app or create an account. You can sign in using your PBS Kids account, Google Account, or Facebook account. If successful, you should start streaming. If not, re-enter the activation code and try again.
Fire TV Stick
To activate on Firestick:
- Open the PBS Kids channel on the device. Or download PBS Kids from the app store.
- Open the Settings Menu
- Select Change Account and follow the on-screen prompts
- You will see a new option that requests you to activate
- Click Activate
- A PBS Kids activation code will display on the screen
- Visit http://kids.pbs.org/activate from your computer
- Enter the activation code
- Click Continue
The next step will be to sign in to your PBS Kids account and start streaming.
To activate on Apple TV:
- Open the PBS Kids app if it is already installed. Download it from Appstore if it isn’t installed.
- Instructions on activating the app will display on the screen
- You will see an activation code
- Go to http://kids.pbs.org/activate from your browser
- Enter the activation code in the space provided
- Click Continue
You will then have to sign in to your account to watch PBS live.
Smartphone, Mac, or PC
You can activate PBS Kids on mobile or computer by visiting pbskids.org. You will have to log in to your account to get started. If you do not have an account, you will have to create one.
Once logged in, follow the instructions as they appear on the screen. For mobile devices, you will have to download an app and follow the prompts.
Time to watch cartoons!
If you are unable to access pbskids.org/activate, use http://kids.pbs.org/activate. Although you may not need a subscription plan, you will have to log in to your account or create one to access the content.
You cannot watch PBS Kids on Roku or Amazon Fire TV without activating the app.